Table of Contents
Developments in Cloud and Low Tier End Points to Alter Market Landscape
The objective of this research is to present a comprehensive analysis of the video telemedicine market in Europe with respect to market potential and the key market dynamics. The regional scope of the analysis is focused on the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, and Benelux. The study also covers factors driving market growth, challenges affecting the industry, and opportunities within the total market and the market segments as estimated for the forecast period. The study period covered by this service is from 2010 to 2020, with the base year as 2013, and forecast period from 2014 to 2020.
- The objective of the research service is to present a comprehensive analysis of the video
telemedicine market in Europe with respect to market potential and key market dynamics.
- The regional scope of the analysis is focused on the United Kingdom (UK), Germany, France, Italy,
Spain, Scandinavia, and Benelux.
- The study also covers factors driving the growth, challenges affecting the industry, and opportunities
within the total market and the market segments as estimated for the forecast period.
- The study period covered by this service is from 2010 to 2020, with 2013 as the base year, and
forecast period from 2014 to 2020.
- The video telemedicine market in Europe is in growth phase, with market penetration rates of about
% in 2013 and it is expected to exhibit a double digit growth to about % by 2020.
- Development of technology, prevalence of ageing population, and the need for providing access to
healthcare for the geographically fragmented population are factors driving the growth of telemedicine
Several government initiative and pilot projects encouraging adoption of telemedicine are being
undertaken and this is expected to further the adoption rates of telemedicine to a great extent.
- However, non-inclusion of telemedicine services in reimbursement policies and lack of clarity on the
physician pay for telemedicine are barriers to rapid adoption of telemedicine. Regional governments
and policy makers are keen to address this issue as indicated by the upcoming legislations in France
to create provisions for reimbursement of telemedicine services offered by hospitals and physicians.
- The end-points segment in video telemedicine market is expected to shift from high tier end point
based telemedicine solutions to smart devices based low tier end points, while mid tier end points are
expected to maintain a consistent market share through out the study period.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global hospital information systems (HIS) market is expected to reach USD 39.7 billion by 2025 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing demand to reduce the wastage of healthcare ...
Healthcare Specialties such as Telebehavioral Health, Teledermatology, and Medical-grade Activity Tracking Expected to Add Value for both Patients and Physicians Telehealth services and systems have made ...
In the year 2015, the global telemedicine market was estimated to be worth around USD 23,224 million and is expected to reach USD 66,606 million by the year 2021, growing at a CAGR of 18.8% during the ...