Table of Contents
The industry research publication titled ‘Global CRAMS Market Outlook to 2018 – India and China Present Bright Prospects’ presents a comprehensive analysis of market size by value of CRAMS services in globally. The report entails the market share analysis and company profiles of major players in the CRAMS industry. The future analysis and segmentation by geographies, drugs and devices and therapeutic areas have also been discussed in each of the sub-segment.
The past few years have been highly turbulent for the pharmaceutical industries particularly in the North American and European economies, with the operations being severely mitigated by a patent cliff and economic recession occurring at the same time. The resulting turmoil significantly changed the structure of global CRAMS industry with countries such as India and China assuming greater importance in the recent years. The increasing need for effective and safe drug discovery and manufacturing has been driving the revenues of global CRAMS industry, which reached USD ~ billion in 2013 representing a CAGR of 13.1% during 2007-2013.
The US has been the largest contributor in the global CRAMS industry with a contribution of 39.8% in 2013 declining from 45.6% in 2007. The fall in its contribution was due to rising contribution of India and China which reached 5.4% and 4.0% respectively in 2013. Globally the contract manufacturing services accounted for ~% of the global CRAMS industry in 2013, growing at a CAGR of 12.0% during 2007-2013. The global CRAMS industry is highly fragmented with the top 13 players contributing only about ~% in the overall revenues of the industry in 2013. The major players of the global CRAMS industry include Quintiles, Boehringer Ingelheim, Covance, Parexel, PPD, Catalent and others.
The global CRAMS industry is expected to grow substantially in the coming years, achieving a market size of USD ~ billion in value terms by 2018. The growth would be supported by factors such as increased government spending on the healthcare sector in developing nations, increased competition in the pharmaceutical industry and increasing efficiency, availability and flexibility of outsourcing at lower cost. The industry would continue to witness a shift of the outsourcing activities from the Western countries to the emerging countries. For instance India’s share in the global CRAMS industry is anticipated reach 8.3% in 2018 from 5.4% in 2013. Growth in the global CRAMS industry would be driven by contract research services.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of the global CRAMS market in terms of value in the last years (2007 - 2013)
- Global CRAMS market segmentation by geographies (The US, India, Germany, China and Rest of the World)
- Global CRAMS market segmentation by CMO and CRO
- Market Size, segmentation and future projections of India CRAMS industry
- Market Size, segmentation and future projections of China CRAMS industry
- Market Size, segmentation and future projections of the US CRAMS industry
- Market Size, segmentation and future projections of Germany CRAMS industry
- Trends and Developments in the US, Germany, India and China CRAMS market
- Government Rules and Regulations in the US, Germany, India and China CRAMS market
- Competitive landscape players operating in CRAMS globally (such as Quintiles, Covance, Parexel, PPD, Catalent, Lonza and others)
- Competitive landscape players operating in CRAMS market of the US, China, India and Germany
- Future projections and macro economic factors of India, China, Germany and US CRAMS market
- Future projections and macro economic factors of global CRAMS market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762