Table of Contents
The present report on “North America Nutraceuticals Industry Outlook to 2017 - Increasing Demand from Ageing Population to Drive Growth” gives a comprehensive analysis of the industry past, present and future outlook. The report discusses The US and Canada market with outlook to 2017. Statistics include functional food, functional beverages and dietary supplements. Additionally the sub-segments of the industry, ongoing trends and developments, import and export scenario, government regulations and impact and highlight major players operating in the industry.
North America was the second largest region for the nutraceuticals market in the world in 2012. The US is dominating the global market for nutraceuticals for more than a decade. The concept of nutraceuticals is very well prevalent in the North American region, with more than 60% of the population living in the US and Canada claiming themselves as a regular users of nutraceutical products. The revenues of the North America nutraceuticals industry have been strengthened by the ageing population. Escalating proportion of the elderly people in the US and Canada has propelled increasing consumption of nutraceuticals in the region. The impending risk of chronic diseases and maintenance of health in old age have been the major health concerns over the past few years. This has resulted in an increasing spending on the nutraceuticals products over the past years.
North America nutraceuticals industry recorded revenues of USD ~ million in 2012, registering a year-on-year growth of ~% from 2011. The revenues of the region have been majorly led by the US, which contributed USD ~ million in 2012. The value growth recorded by the nutraceuticals sector in the North American region over the review period of 2006-2012 was 8.4%, rising from USD ~ million in 2006. Canada nutraceuticals industry has showcased stupendous growth in the past five years with revenues of the industry increasing at an average rate of 28.0% in the span of 2008-2012. In 2012, the sale of nutraceuticals in Canada was estimated to be USD ~ million, rising at a compounded annual growth rate of ~% from USD ~ million in 2006.
The competitive landscape of the North American region showcases presence of the world’s most prominent nutraceuticals market players. The US is the most preferred destination for the trade of nutraceuticals in the world and is a major exporter and importer of such products. Canada, endowed with rich biodiversity, also features amongst the leading exporters of nutraceuticals ingredients.
The revenues of the North America are expected to map increasing growth in the future, bolstered by rising efforts of the market players to spread awareness amongst people about the benefits of consumption of nutraceuticals. The growth in the US nutraceuticals industry revenues will largely be driven by the functional food and beverages segment, whose popularity is expected to soar in the coming years, influenced by the increasing incidences of diseases such as diabetes, caused by unhealthy lifestyles. The revenues of North America nutraceuticals industry are expected to grow to USD 146,212.4 million by end of 2017.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of the North America, US and Canada nutraceuticals industry on the basis of revenues
- Market segmentation of the North America Nutraceuticals industry on the basis of geography
- Market segmentation of the US Nutraceuticals industry on the basis of types of products
- Market segmentation of the Functional Foods and Beverages on the basis of product form in the US
- Market segmentation of Dietary Supplements by Nutrients and Distribution channels in the US
- Government Rules and Regulations
- Import and export of Nutraceuticals in The US
- Trends and Developments prevailing in the functional food & beverages, dietary supplements and overall nutraceuticals industry in the US and North America
- Competitive landscape, market shares and detailed company profiles of the major players in the dietary supplements markets
- Canada nutraceuticals market size
- Future outlook and projections of the North America, US and Canada nutraceuticals industry on the basis of revenues
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Theglobal flavonoids market is expected to reach USD 1.06 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Changing consumer lifestyles and rising demand for beauty & health supplements ...
About Functional Foods and Beverages Functional foods and beverages are those foods and beverages to which special ingredients are added so that they provide additional health benefits. Regular food items ...
KEY FINDINGS The Probiotic market size is projected to grow from $37741 million in 2016 to $71948 million by 2025. The market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 7.49% during the forecast period of 2017-2025. ...