Table of Contents
The report titled “Europe In-Vitro Diagnostics Market Outlook to 2018 - Ageing Demographic and Mounting Consolidation to Drive Future Growth” provides a comprehensive analysis of the various aspects such as market size of the Europe, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK in-vitro diagnostics market. The report also covers the segmentations of in-vitro diagnostic markets in several European countries by reagents, instruments; by IVD labs, auto-tests; and by private laboratories, public and private hospitals, wholesalers and dispatchers, blood transfusion centers and others. The market shares of major players in the Europe IVD space have also been provided along with the comprehensive overview of the future of the in-vitro diagnostics market in Europe.
In-vitro diagnostics market in Europe, which has majorly been driven by the increasing number of lifestyle diseases, inclining preventive healthcare practices, mounting disposable incomes, ageing population and improving healthcare infrastructure, registered revenues of USD ~ million in 2013. With an advent of new varieties of diagnostic tests incorporating latest technology, the industry revenues increased by ~% in 2013 as compared to 2012. In-vitro diagnostics market in Europe is subject to a gamut of different factors, such as people with diabetes, heart, kidney and other infectious and lifestyle diseases and the overall disposable incomes in several countries, which play an important role in determining the revenues from various diagnostic segments.
Reagents have been the largest contributing category in terms of revenue, having recorded the maximum sales over the years. The Europe in-vitro diagnostics market has grown at a CAGR of ~% from USD 13 billion in 2007 to USD ~ billion in 2013.
In vitro diagnostics market in Europe has showcased a gradual decline over the years. The market revenues have suffered owing to a gamut of factors. One of the major factors contributing to the weakened diagnostic market is principally linked to the stringent market setting and the austerity measures established to control healthcare costs. This has led to the consolidation of laboratories, strong price pressures, and delays of payment by healthcare authorities. These factors have cumulatively influenced the IVD industry negatively.
In-vitro diagnostics market in Europe has showcased several emerging trends over the past few years. Some of the most definitive of these trends has been the advent of decentralized testing, mounting automation in laboratories, increasing consolidation and preference for early detection of diseases. Several pathological labs have resorted to invest heftily and have been adopting fully automated systems for disease diagnosis. In light of this, the accuracy of test results has increased, while the turnaround times have declined significantly. Additionally, the growth of portable diagnostics devices has propelled the market for point of care testing in Europe.
The market for in-vitro diagnostics in Europe is changing at a brisk rate. Technological advancements, demand of diagnostic tests from an ever growing base of disease-ridden population and people suffering from lifestyle diseases, as well as the consolidations amongst diagnostic product manufacturers in a number of countries in Europe have been significantly changing the market. Revenues from in-vitro diagnostics market in Europe are projected to expand to USD ~ million in 2018, growing with a CAGR of ~% from 2013 to 2018.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of the Europe in-vitro diagnostics market.
- The market size of the Germany in-vitro diagnostics market.
- The market size of the France in-vitro diagnostics market.
- The market size of the Italy in-vitro diagnostics market.
- The market size of the Spain in-vitro diagnostics market.
- The market size of the UK in-vitro diagnostics market.
- Market segmentation of the Europe in-vitro diagnostics market on the basis of contribution from different countries in Europe.
- Market segmentation of Germany in-vitro diagnostics market on the basis of contribution from instruments and reagents, including contribution by reagents for different types of tests.
- Market segmentation of France in-vitro diagnostics market on the basis of contribution from IVD labs and auto-tests, reagents and instruments, and Private Laboratories, Public and Private Hospitals, Wholesalers and Dispatchers, Blood Transfusion Centers and Others.
- Market segmentation of Spain in-vitro diagnostics market on the basis of contribution from IVD labs, auto-tests, POCT and IT software, and reagents and instruments, as well as on the basis of reagents used in different types of tests.
- Market segmentation of Italy in-vitro diagnostics market on the basis of contribution from Reagents, Laboratories, Kits and Others.
- Market segmentation of the UK in-vitro diagnostics laboratory market on the basis of contribution from different types of tests.
- Growth drivers for the in-vitro diagnostics market in Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the UK.
- Market Share of major players in Europe in-vitro diagnostic market (Roche, Abbott, Siemens, BioMerieux, Becton and Dickinson, Johnson & Johnson, Sysmex)
- Trends and Development in the Europe in-vitro diagnostics market.
- Future outlook and projections of the Europe, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and the UK in-vitro diagnostics market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Did you know? - Transasia Bio-Medicals is India’s largest in-vitro diagnostics company. - Diachel SA is the leading independent in-vitro diagnostics distributor in Greece, offering complete laboratory ...
The global market for in vitro diagnostics was valued at around USD 62.5 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 92.7 billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of around 6.0% during the forecast period of ...
This new report is designed to help executives develop effective contingency plans that best accommodate uncertainties ahead. The study objectives include: To identify and evaluate emerging markets and ...