Table of Contents
Advances in drug formulation and inhalation device design are creating new opportunities for inhaled drug delivery as an alternative to oral and parenteral delivery methods. Much of the interest in pulmonary delivery of systemic drug therapies is focused on chronic diseases and refractory conditions – aliments that require frequent drug administration for a protracted period of time. While several approaches for delivering active substances to, and systematically via, the lungs compete in this space, recent advances and investment in powder formulations, particle engineering, and device architecture have positioned dry powder inhalation (DPI) as a formidable challenger to more established pulmonary methods such as metered dose inhalers and nebulizers. The past two years has seen an increase in DPI product introductions, with four new combination products receiving marketing approval. While evolving DPI technology and combination therapeutic products continue to have a significant impact on the treatment of upper respiratory diseases and conditions, dry powder inhalers are making strides in applications requiring the systemic delivery of both small and large molecule and engineered macromolecules for the treatment of a range of pathologies.
- Analyzes and evaluates Dry Powder Inhalers and competing inhaled drug delivery technologies and assesses the market potential for existing and probable future products
- Examines Dry Powder Inhaler design issues and evolving market factors
- Forecasts the impact of DPI technology and devices on drug delivery markets and projects probable future developments
- Provides forecasts of DPI combination product demand by indication and drug class to 2020
- Profiles Dry Powder Inhalation market participants, their technology, product development activity, and business strategies
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Pulmonary Drug Delivery Devices Market: Overview This report on pulmonary drug delivery devices studies the current as well as future prospects of the market globally. The stakeholders of this report ...
The global pulmonary drug delivery market is projected to reach USD 52.37 billion by 2021 from USD 36.10 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period. Increasing preference of pulmonary ...
The drug delivery technology market is projected to reach USD 1,669.40 billion by 2021 from USD 1,179.20 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of chronic ...