1. Market Research
  2. > Business Services
  3. > Education and Training Market Trends
  4. > Higher Education in Australia to 2019 — Market Size and Intelligence Report

Australia has one of the highest literacy rates (95%) among the developing countries — with an enrollment ratio of approximately 106% for primary education, and approximately 87% for higher education. The country has one of the best higher education institutions in the world, which cater to approximately 5% of Australia’s population, as well as more than 230,000 international students.

Approximately 73% of the higher education students in Australia are enrolled in undergraduate courses, and approximately 25% in postgraduate courses, while the remaining are enrolled in enabling and other courses — which do not lead to any award.

Further, approximately 44% of the higher education students are males, while 56% are females. 74% of the students are enrolled in full–time courses, while remaining 26% are enrolled in part–time courses.

There are 37 public universities in Australia, which impart education to approximately 93% of the total higher education students. The remaining 7% are enrolled in private universities, and non–university higher education providers.

The higher education sector is witnessing several favorable trends, such as expansion and collaboration among universities and higher education institutions, and increasing adoption of technology.

Table Of Contents

Higher Education in Australia to 2019 — Market Size and Intelligence Report
Higher Education System in Australia

Market Size of Australian Higher Education Sector

Forecasted Market Size of Australian Higher Education Sector

Drivers Impacting Australian Higher Education Sector
- Driver 1
- Driver 2
- Driver 3
- Driver 4
- Driver 5
- Driver 6

Trends in Australian Higher Education Sector
- Trend 1
- Trend 2
- Trend 3
- Trend 4
- Trend 5

Setting-up a Higher Education Institution in Australia for Foreign Institution
- Providing Whole Course through Australian Premises
- Providing Partial Course through Australian Premises

5-Forces Analysis of Australian Higher Education Sector
- Threat of New Competition
- Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Intensity of Competitive Rivalry

Profiles of Major Players in Higher Education
- Academies Australasia Group Limited
- Bond University
- IDP Education Proprietary Limited
- Kaplan Australia
- Navitas Limited
- RedHill Education Limited
- Seek Limited
- Site Group International Limited
- Top Education Group Proprietary Limited
- University of Notre Dame

Annexure


List of Figures
- Figure 1: Higher Education System in Australia
- Figure 2: Higher Education Students in Australia — By Level of Education
- Figure 3: Higher Education Students in Australia — Males and Females
- Figure 4: Higher Education Students in Australia — Full-time and Part-time Courses
- Figure 5: Higher Education Students in Australia — By Mode of Attendance
- Figure 6: Higher Education Students in Australia — Domestic and Overseas Students
- Figure 7: Higher Education Students in Australia — Commencing Students
- Figure 8: Higher Education Students in Australia — Public and Private Higher Education Institutions
- Figure 9: Higher Education Students in Australia — By Field of Education
- Figure 10: Higher Education Students in Australia — Forecasted Market Size — 2014-2019
- Figure 11: Australia's Resident Population — 17-25 Years — 2011-2019(F)
- Figure 12: International Students — As a % of Total Students in Higher Education
- Figure 13: International Students' Enrollment in Higher Education — 2019-2013
- Figure 14: International Enrollments in Higher Education — By Home Countries of Students
- Figure 15: Increase % in Student Enrollment in Public and Private Higher Education Institutions
- Figure 16: Broadband and Mobile Wireless Subscribers in Australia
- Figure 17: Households with Internet Access — % of Total households
- Figure 18: % of Households Accessing Internet on a Mobile Phone or Smartphone
- Figure 19: Internet Usage by Location — 18-24 Years Age Group
- Figure 20: % of Internet Users Accessing Internet for Educational Purposes
- Figure 21: Higher Education Students Per Full-time Staff in Australia
- Figure 22: Five Forces Analysis of Australia's Higher Education Sector
- Figure 23: Gross Enrollment Ratios in Australia
- Figure 24: Australia — Population by Age Groups
- Figure 25: Australia — Population by Regions

View This Report »

Get Industry Insights. Simply.

  • Latest reports & slideshows with insights from top research analysts
  • 24 Million searchable statistics with tables, figures & datasets
  • More than 10,000 trusted sources
24/7 Customer Support

Talk to Veronica

+1 718 514 2762

Purchase Reports From Reputable Market Research Publishers
Global Student Information System Market 2017-2021

Global Student Information System Market 2017-2021

  • $ 3500
  • Industry report
  • January 2017
  • by Infiniti Research Limited

About Student Information System SIS are highly compatible and can be installed either on a web server or local server of institutions. This encourages schools to adopt software as they will not incu ...

Global Higher Education Testing and Assessment Market 2017-2021

Global Higher Education Testing and Assessment Market 2017-2021

  • $ 3500
  • Industry report
  • January 2017
  • by Infiniti Research Limited

About Education Testing and Assessment Tests and assessments form an essential part of the learning processes as they incorporate various metrics to help teachers quantify the performance of students. ...

Colleges & Universities in the US - Industry Market Research Report

Colleges & Universities in the US - Industry Market Research Report

  • $ 1020
  • Industry report
  • December 2016
  • by Ibisworld

Dean's list: Growing rates of high school retention will keep college enrollment strong AbstractColleges & Universities in the US The Colleges and Universities industry is expected to exhibit steady growth. ...


ref:plp2014

Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.

ReportLinker simplifies how Analysts and Decision Makers get industry data for their business.