Table of Contents
Use this report to:
- Receive a comprehensive analysis of the current status of China’s recycling market and assess its growth potential over the 5-year period from 2013 to 2018.
- Receive information on important laws and regulations in the industry.
- Receive information on major segments in recycling industry and various recycling technologies
- Receive information on international aspects of recycling, including a discussion of imports and exports of aluminum scrap, copper scrap, iron and steel scrap, waste paper
and waste plastics
- The Chinese recycling market value declined from $107.5 billion in 2012 to $102.8 billion in 2013 because the average price per ton declined. This market is expected to grow to nearly $156 billion in 2018 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% over the five-year period from 2013 to 2018.
- Ferrous metals, as a segment reached nearly $31.6 billion in 2013. It is projected to grow to nearly $48.1 billion in 2018 with a CAGR of 8.8% over the five-year period from 2013 to 2018.
- Nonferrous metals, as a segment reached $35 billion in 2013. It is projected to grow to nearly $54.1 billion in 2018 with a CAGR of 9.1% over the five-year period from 2013 to 2018.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
As an important part of China’s national sustainable development strategy, development of a recycling industry is effectively relieving China’s problem of a resource shortage, and effectively relieving the pressure on China’s environment carrying capability. The state has put the recycling industry high on its development agenda for the next decade. China is drafting its first law on creating a so-called “circular economy” to provide a legal framework for its national sustainable development strategy. The recycling industry is in a key position to grow and benefit from this legal framework. With more than 1.3 billion people and steady economic growth, China has become one
of the fastest growing recycling markets in the world. BCC Research’s goal in conducting this study was to provide a comprehensive analysis of the current status of China’s recycling market and assess its growth potential over the 5-year period from 2013 to 2018. This BCC Research report will be of interest to all players in the recycling industry,
traders, investors, and other market stakeholders. In terms of volume, China represents the largest potential recycling capacity in the world.
The segments covered in this report are:
- Ferrous metals.
- Nonferrous metals.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This study is organized into five sections. Following the introduction, an executive summary provides the market forecast for China’s recycling industry through 2018. An
industry overview in the next section provides definitions and important regulations for China’s recycling industry. The ensuing section, Market by Products, covers the major segments of the industry: metal recycling (including aluminum, copper, iron, steel, and strategic metals), paper recycling, plastic recycling, e-waste recycling, and tire recycling. Each segment presents an analysis of the Chinese market, including an introduction and definitions, market dynamics, market share and company profiles.
In the section on the international aspects of recycling, a discussion of imports and exports of aluminum scrap, copper scrap, iron and steel scrap, waste paper and waste
plastics is presented. The last section, Technology, provides an analysis of major applications and major patents.
The material presented is based on extensive review of secondary sources such as technical papers, industry conferences, trade publications, industry associations,
company literature and government data. Final analyses and projections are based on the consensus of secondary sources combined with BCC Research’s understanding of
the impact of trends from a historical perspective. All dollar data presented in this report are based on the exchange rate of US $1 = RMB 6.05 (Yuan).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Plastic Recycling Market: Overview Plastic recycling is a process of cleaning, sorting and processing of pre-consumer or post-consumer plastic waste into resins for various applications. This plastic ...
Sustainability-related Targets and Smart Applications Trigger Innovative Business Models for Resource Recovery This outlook study provides an overall update on the global waste recycling market in 2017, ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...