Table of Contents
PharmaPoint: Major Depressive Disorder - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Major depressive disorder (MDD) is one of the most common psychiatric diseases worldwide. The MDD market is a crowded and competitive market, with more than 30 marketed products available for the treatment of patients with MDD. The depression market is about to enter a dynamic phase with imminent patent expiries for top selling products, such as Eli Lilly’s Cymbalta, and Otsuka/BMS’s Abilify, along with the recent launch of the multimodal antidepressant, Lundbeck/Takeda’s Brintellix, in January 2014, and the potential introduction of seven promising late-stage pipeline products into the market during the forecast period, from 2013 to 2023.
The anticipated growth of the depression market in Japan is due to the expected launch of Brintellix and the potential introduction of seven late-stage pipeline products into the market during the forecast period. GlobalData anticipates Elli Lilly’s Cymbalta and Lundbeck/Forest (Actavis)/Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma/Mochida’s Lexapro to be the top-selling products by the end of the forecast period in Japan, generating combined sales of approximately $162.2m.
- Overview of Major depressive disorder including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Japan including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Japan from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the Japan Major depressive disorder market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Major depressive disorder.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in Japan.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global antipsychotic drugs market is expected to reach USD 14.4 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The continuous development of better next-generation products ...
The global antidepressants market is estimated to grow to approximately USD 13.4 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 1.8%. Depression affects an estimated 121 million people worldwide and the antidepressant ...
About Lifestyle Drugs Market Lifestyle disease is associated with the way an individual or group of people live. Some of the lifestyle diseases include depression, sexual dysfunction, anti-aging, baldness, ...