Table of Contents
Viibryd (Major Depressive Disorder) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Major depressive disorder (MDD) is one of the most common psychiatric diseases worldwide. The MDD market is a crowded and competitive market, with more than 30 marketed products available for the treatment of patients with MDD. The depression market is about to enter a dynamic phase with imminent patent expiries for top selling products, such as Eli Lilly’s Cymbalta, and Otsuka/BMS’s Abilify, along with the recent launch of the multimodal antidepressant, Lundbeck/Takeda’s Brintellix, in January 2014, and the potential introduction of seven promising late-stage pipeline products into the market during the forecast period, from 2013 to 2023.
Viibryd (vilazodone) is an SSRI and a 5HT1A receptor partial agonist indicated for the treatment of patients with MDD. Viibryd was licensed from Merck KGaA and developed by Forest (Actavis). Currently, it is only available in the US market and, in 2013, generated sales of $162.5m (Forest Laboratories, 2014).
- Overview of Major depressive disorder, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Viibryd including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Viibryd for the US from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Major depressive disorder
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Viibryd performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Viibryd from 2013-2023 in the US.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global anxiety disorders and depression treatment market is expected to reach a value of USD 18.3 billion by 2025. The rising incidence of depression worldwide is anticipated to drive the market growth ...
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Major Depressive Disorder - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease ...
The global antidepressants market is estimated to grow to approximately USD 13.4 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 1.8%. Depression affects an estimated 121 million people worldwide and the antidepressant ...