Table of Contents
Pristiq (Major Depressive Disorder) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Major depressive disorder (MDD) is one of the most common psychiatric diseases worldwide. The MDD market is a crowded and competitive market, with more than 30 marketed products available for the treatment of patients with MDD. The depression market is about to enter a dynamic phase with imminent patent expiries for top selling products, such as Eli Lilly’s Cymbalta, and Otsuka/BMS’s Abilify, along with the recent launch of the multimodal antidepressant, Lundbeck/Takeda’s Brintellix, in January 2014, and the potential introduction of seven promising late-stage pipeline products into the market during the forecast period, from 2013 to 2023.
Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) is an SNRI antidepressant that was developed by Wyeth, before Wyeth was acquired by Pfizer. Pristiq was launched in the US and Australia in 2008, but is not available in the 5EU and Japan. Pristiq is closely related to Effexor, and more specifically, is the major active metabolite of Effexor. Therefore, despite being a newer SNRI antidepressant, Pristiq will be unable to match the success of Cymbalta and Effexor. Preclinical studies have shown that Pristiq is a potent SNRI, which is believed to cause its antidepressant effects.
- Overview of Major depressive disorder, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Pristiq including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Pristiq for the top three countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, Spain and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Major depressive disorder
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Pristiq performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Pristiq from 2013-2023 in the top three countries (the US, Spain and Australia)
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global anxiety disorders and depression treatment market is expected to reach a value of USD 18.3 billion by 2025. The rising incidence of depression worldwide is anticipated to drive the market growth ...
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Major Depressive Disorder - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...