Table of Contents
Fetzima (Major Depressive Disorder) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Major depressive disorder (MDD) is one of the most common psychiatric diseases worldwide. The MDD market is a crowded and competitive market, with more than 30 marketed products available for the treatment of patients with MDD. The depression market is about to enter a dynamic phase with imminent patent expiries for top selling products, such as Eli Lilly’s Cymbalta, and Otsuka/BMS’s Abilify, along with the recent launch of the multimodal antidepressant, Lundbeck/Takeda’s Brintellix, in January 2014, and the potential introduction of seven promising late-stage pipeline products into the market during the forecast period, from 2013 to 2023.
Fetzima (levomilnacipran) is an SNRI indicated for the treatment of MDD and is only available in the US. It gained FDA approval in July 2013 and was launched in December 2013. The product was developed by Forest (Actavis) following a partnership with Pierre Fabre. According to this agreement, Forest Laboratories is responsible for the clinical development and commercialization of Fetzima in the US and Canada, while Pierre Fabre is responsible for manufacturing and supplying the active pharmaceutical ingredient.
- Overview of Major depressive disorder, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Fetzima including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Fetzima for the US from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Major depressive disorder
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Fetzima performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Fetzima from 2013-2023 in the US.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Major Depressive Disorder - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
The global antidepressants market is estimated to grow to approximately USD 13.4 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 1.8%. Depression affects an estimated 121 million people worldwide and the antidepressant ...