Table of Contents
Seroquel XR (Major Depressive Disorder) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Major depressive disorder (MDD) is one of the most common psychiatric diseases worldwide. The MDD market is a crowded and competitive market, with more than 30 marketed products available for the treatment of patients with MDD. The depression market is about to enter a dynamic phase with imminent patent expiries for top selling products, such as Eli Lilly’s Cymbalta, and Otsuka/BMS’s Abilify, along with the recent launch of the multimodal antidepressant, Lundbeck/Takeda’s Brintellix, in January 2014, and the potential introduction of seven promising late-stage pipeline products into the market during the forecast period, from 2013 to 2023.
Seroquel XR (quetiapine) (extended-release tablets) is an atypical antipsychotic that is indicated as an adjunctive treatment for MDD in the US, 5EU, and Australia. AstraZeneca initially developed the Seroquel immediate release formulation for the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, but has not gained regulatory approvals for MDD with Seroquel. With the development of Seroquel XR, AstraZeneca expanded the label of this product for the treatment of MDD as an adjunctive therapy, initially in 2009 in the US and Australia, followed by an approval in 2010 in the 5EU.
- Overview of Major depressive disorder, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Seroquel XR including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Seroquel XR for the top eight countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Major depressive disorder
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Seroquel XR performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Seroquel XR from 2013-2023 in the top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia)
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Major Depressive Disorder - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
The global antidepressants market is estimated to grow to approximately USD 13.4 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 1.8%. Depression affects an estimated 121 million people worldwide and the antidepressant ...