Table of Contents
ALKS-5461 (Major Depressive Disorder) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Major depressive disorder (MDD) is one of the most common psychiatric diseases worldwide. The MDD market is a crowded and competitive market, with more than 30 marketed products available for the treatment of patients with MDD. The depression market is about to enter a dynamic phase with imminent patent expiries for top selling products, such as Eli Lilly’s Cymbalta, and Otsuka/BMS’s Abilify, along with the recent launch of the multimodal antidepressant, Lundbeck/Takeda’s Brintellix, in January 2014, and the potential introduction of seven promising late-stage pipeline products into the market during the forecast period, from 2013 to 2023.
ALKS-5461 is being developed by Alkermes as an adjunctive treatment for MDD in patients who have had an inadequate response to standard therapies. According to Alkermes, ALKS-5461 is expected to enter Phase III development during the first half of 2014. Following its very successful Phase II trial, the FDA granted Fast Track status for ALKS-5461 in order to facilitate its development and expedite its review by the regulatory authority (Alkermes, press release, October 10, 2013).
- Overview of Major depressive disorder, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on ALKS-5461 including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for ALKS-5461 for the top eight countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Major depressive disorder
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of ALKS-5461 performance
- Obtain sales forecast for ALKS-5461 from 2013-2023 in the top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia)
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Major Depressive Disorder - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
The global antidepressants market is estimated to grow to approximately USD 13.4 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 1.8%. Depression affects an estimated 121 million people worldwide and the antidepressant ...