Table of Contents
GLYX-13 (Major Depressive Disorder) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Major depressive disorder (MDD) is one of the most common psychiatric diseases worldwide. The MDD market is a crowded and competitive market, with more than 30 marketed products available for the treatment of patients with MDD. The depression market is about to enter a dynamic phase with imminent patent expiries for top selling products, such as Eli Lilly’s Cymbalta, and Otsuka/BMS’s Abilify, along with the recent launch of the multimodal antidepressant, Lundbeck/Takeda’s Brintellix, in January 2014, and the potential introduction of seven promising late-stage pipeline products into the market during the forecast period, from 2013 to 2023.
GLYX-13 is being developed by Naurex as an adjunctive therapy for MDD in patients with an inadequate response to antidepressants. The exact MOA of GLYX-13 is not fully understood, but it is hypothesized that it exerts its antidepressant effects by enhancing synaptic plasticity (Naurex, press release, December 12, 2013). GLYX-13 is being developed for IV administration and there is evidence to suggest that the NMDA receptor ligands can demonstrate rapid antidepressant effects (Popp et al., 2013).
- Overview of Major depressive disorder, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on GLYX-13 including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for GLYX-13 for the top eight countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Major depressive disorder
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of GLYX-13 performance
- Obtain sales forecast for GLYX-13 from 2013-2023 in the top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia)
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global anxiety disorders and depression treatment market is expected to reach a value of USD 18.3 billion by 2025. The rising incidence of depression worldwide is anticipated to drive the market growth ...
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Major Depressive Disorder - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...