Table of Contents
This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in South Africa.
This report reviews the performance and asset allocations of HNWIs and Ultra HNWIs in South Africa. It also includes an evaluation of the local wealth management market.
• Independent market sizing of South Africa HNWIs across five wealth bands
• HNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2009 to 2013
• HNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2018
• HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations in 13 asset classes
• Geographical breakdown of all foreign assets
• Alternative breakdown of liquid vs. investable assets
• Number of UHNWIs in major cities
• Number of wealth managers in each city
• Ratings of wealth management saturation and potential by city
• Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in South Africa
• Size of the South African wealth management industry
• Largest private banks by AuM
• Detailed wealth management and family office information
• Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
• The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 100,000 HNWIs from around the world.
• The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
• With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
• Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2018.
• Also provides detailed information on UHNWIs in each major city.
• There were 47,464 HNWIs in South Africa in 2013. These HNWIs held US$200 billion in wealth, and wealth per HNWI valued US$4,210,717.
• In 2013, South African HNWI numbers decreased by 2.7%, following an 8.5% increase in the previous year.
• Growth in HNWI wealth and volumes is expected to improve over the forecast period. The number of South African HNWIs is forecast to grow by 16%, reaching 57,147 by 2018, and HNWI wealth is expected to grow by 31%, to reach US$281 billion by 2018.
• At the end of 2013, South African HNWIs held 17.4% (US$35 billion) of their wealth outside their home country, which is below the worldwide average of 20–30%.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Synopsis This report provides projections of the volume and wealth of Russia HNWIs. This includes demographic trends (2011-2015) and findings of the proprietary Wealth Insight HNWI Database. Summary - ...
Synopsis This report is a thorough analysis of Russia Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces. Summary - This report is the result of WealthInsight’s ...
Synopsis This report provides projections of the volume and wealth of Singapore HNWIs. This includes demographic trends (2011-2015) and findings of the proprietary Wealth Insight HNWI Database. Summary ...