Table of Contents
American Eagle Outfitters has long been seen as the go-to for young adults seeking affordable fashion in the US. However, as the overall apparel retail market has struggled, so too have AEO and its competitors. Revenue growth has slowed and profits have fallen, both of which have negatively impacted share price. This case study looks at the reasons for this and the challenges AEO faces.
Features and benefits
* Examines American Eagle Outfitters' business model and how this has led to erratic financial performance in recent years
* Analyzes AEO's performance in relation to its peers and looks at how the company needs to think carefully about where it positions itself
* Looks at how American Eagle Outfitters is reacting to a need for change including store closures, CEO change and brand building
This case study analyzes the company's recent performance in terms of revenues, profit, and share price and the reasons behind it. It also contextualizes this by comparing it to the US apparel market as a whole and to AEO's main competitors, namely A&F, Gap, H&M, and Inditex.
This case study looks at the strategies the company has employed to combat a downturn in financial performance, in particular those implemented following the appointment of Robert Hanson as CEO in late 2011. In addition it looks at the impact of external factors, such as adverse weather conditions.
This case study examines a disappointing 2013 for the company and the fallout from this. It also looks at how the company is altering its business model in a bid to return to profitability in what is a highly competitive market.
Your key questions answered
* What is American Eagle Outfitters and who are its major competitors?
* What factors, both strategic and external, have affected American Eagle Outfitters' business in recent years?
* How does American Eagle Outfitters perform in comparison to its competitors?
* What strategies is the company adopting in a bid to reverse the negative trends seen in 2013?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The Japanese apparel and footwear market is expected to contract by a CAGR of 1% to 2021, fuelled by demographic changes and shifts in consumer behaviour. However, opportunities remain and technological ...
H&M Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) continued to enjoy strong growth in 2016, driven by its strategy of aggressive store expansion into new markets, and an increasingly potent online offer. 2017 is set to see ...
While a soft macro environment has negatively impacted other brands, American Eagle Outfitters has taken several encouraging steps to improve its results. However, a weak FY2016 fourth quarter announcement, ...
Clothing And Te...