Table of Contents
Leather chemicals are used in the processing of leather to obtain finished leather and other leather products. These chemicals are broadly divided in two categories namely basic chemicals and speciality chemicals. Basic chemicals are the chemicals used in large volumes for processing and making finished leather from raw skin/hide of animals; whereas, speciality chemicals are used for imparting specific properties to the leather such as durability, flexibility, finish, etc. On account of growing demand for Indian leather products in China, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka coupled with increasing preference of Indian consumer towards high-quality leather products, the demand for leather chemicals is growing at a moderate pace in the country. India’s huge livestock population and high production capacity tanneries are among the major factors supporting the growth of leather industry, and thereby the country’s leather chemical industry.
According to “India Leather Chemicals Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020”, the country’s leather chemicals market is projected to cross USD700 million by 2020. Wet-end process accounts for the highest consumption of leather chemicals followed by Beamhouse and finishing processes. In 2014, Southern states accounted for the largest market share, followed by Northern and Eastern regions, and this trend is expected to continue over next five years with Southern and Northern regions collectively accounting for over two-thirds of the country’s leather chemicals market by 2020. Favorable government regulations promoting exports of leather goods are significantly contributing towards boosting demand for leather chemicals in India. Presently, BASF, Stahl and Lanxess are some of the leading suppliers of leather chemicals in India. “India Leather Chemicals Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020” report elaborates on the following aspects of leather chemicals market in India:
- India Leather Chemicals Market Size and Forecast
- Segmental Analysis (Beamhouse, Wet-end & Finishing)
- Policy and Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of leather chemicals market in India
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the coming years
- To help industry consultants, leather chemical manufacturers, vendors and dealers to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with leather chemical suppliers and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global automotive interior leather market was valued at nearly US$ 26,000 Mn by 2016 end and is expected to reach nearly US$ 43,000 Mn by the end of 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.2% over the forecast period. ...
This report provides an insight into the industry - current scenario, structure and practices In depth market scenario includes: - Market estimate for CY 16 - Geographical presence of key players - Providing ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...