Table of Contents
The North American commercial flooring industry is one of the most diverse of any manufactured product in terms of product type and selection. This BCC Research report includes a comprehensive analysis of all commercial flooring products used in the North American commercial flooring market. The report provides the latest information regarding product developments, and material and technology enhancements as well as a detailed look at the various distribution channels and their dynamics. The current market demand for each product type is quantified by volume and value, with CAGR projections for growth through 2018. Profiles of leading North American commercial flooring manufacturers are also included in this report.
Use this report to:
- Identify various commercial flooring products, channels of distribution, new products and technologies, and industry direction.
- Learn about the historical, current, and future industry outlook, as well as current manufacturing and anticipated issues affecting the industry.
- Receive a detailed analysis of the following regions in the U.S.: the Southeast, Northeast, Midwest, Southwest, West and Canada as well, to cover North American commercial flooring research.
- Receive profiles for leading North American commercial flooring manufacturers.
- The North American flooring market totaled $18.1 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach $23.2 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% from 2013 to 2018.
- The North American flooring industry in volume terms was an estimated 17.2 billion squares in 2013 and is expected to reach 21.1 billion squares by 2018, at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2013 to 2018.
- The commercial flooring market in North America was worth $5.6 billion in 2013, and is projected to grow to $7 billion in 2018, with a 2013-2018 CAGR of 4.6%.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The objective of this report is to provide business planners, investors and other professionals with quantifiable market measurements and analyses that can help them
formulate strategic business plans and make key investment decisions.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Commercial flooring is a $5.6 billion industry in North America that defines the livelihood of nearly 6,300 commercial flooring contractors, and almost 73,000
manufacturing employees who produce flooring products, as well as the distributors that carry these products. Although the industry was hit hard by the economic
downturn of the last decade, the commercial flooring industry remains a vital part of the economy and is projected to continue a healthy growth trend throughout the
remainder of the second decade of the 21st century.
This BCC Research study is a comprehensive reference work that defines and describes the commercial flooring industry. In preparation of this document, we have read,
analyzed and condensed information from industry sources, trade literature, producer and distributor websites, and other reference material. The industry is diverse, highly
creative and dynamic. The range of products currently on the market is very broad, far exceeding the ability of any sole distributor to stock, and wider than most industry
observers may realize. Many smaller producers today have the capability of growing into major brands tomorrow. Some of these future success stories will ride the wave of
demand for new and innovative products, such as light transmissive carpeting and realistically simulated stone and wood surface laminates that are increasingly shaking
up the status quo among mainstream commercial flooring alternatives.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report includes a comprehensive analysis of all commercial flooring products used in the North American commercial flooring market. The report provides the latest
information regarding product developments and material and technology enhancements as well as a detailed look at the various distribution channels and their
dynamics. The current market demand for each product type is quantified by volume and value, with projections for growth to 2018. This report also provides profiles for
leading North American commercial flooring manufacturers. The report is divided into seven chapters:
- Commercial Flooring Products
- Market Size & Growth
- Market Definition
- Company Profiles
The analysis provided in this report is regional and includes information for the North American commercial flooring market, including Canada and the U.S.
The numerical data contained in this report are based on market conditions and industry expert opinions available during the time the research was performed. Any
reliance placed on this report will reflect those circumstances. Market conditions and circumstances will change over time; therefore, the reader should not always rely on
the correctness or relevance of the report. Actual and projected volumes in emerging applications are estimated through market research and discussion with industry experts. Applications that are well established tend to provide the most accurate estimates.
Base-year reporting for this report is 2012. Data presented in tables are rounded to the nearest million for market volumes, and the nearest million for market values. Roofing
volume is measured in squares. Each square equals one sq. ft. All estimated values and forecasts are stated in 2012 dollars, with no consideration of inflation. In the description and evaluation of market size contained in this report, it is important to note that as various flooring product types are analyzed, the resulting data include
materials only and does not (unless otherwise specified) include accessories, systems, labor or installation.
This report is intended to provide necessary background and reference material for individuals involved in, or potentially interested in, the North American commercial
flooring industry. These include individuals and organizations involved in the development, formulation, manufacture, sale and use of flooring products, and related
and ancillary businesses such as raw material suppliers, consultants, distributors, contractors and builders. BCC Research feels that this report will be of great value to
technical and business personnel in the following areas, among others:
- Marketing and management personnel in companies that produce, market and sell flooring products.
- Companies involved in the design and construction of plants that manufacture flooring materials and those who service these plants.
- Financial institutions supplying money for such facilities, including banks, merchant bankers, venture capitalists and others.
- Personnel in related industries, such as real estate development, architecture, interior design, community planning, oil and gas refining and processing, polymer
processing, plastic molding, composite processing and molding, and others.
- Personnel in government, primarily building inspectors, but also state and local health, environmental and other regulators, who must implement and enforce laws
covering construction and building quality.
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. Extensive searches were made of the literature and the Internet, including many of the leading flooring trade publications, trade and industry associations, business publications, industry blogs, flooring data compilation companies and others. Product
information was obtained directly from the producing company. Market information was derived from various articles, trade publications, interviews with knowledgeable
parties, and government sources. Information for corporate profiles was obtained primarily from the companies, especially larger, publicly owned firms. Other sources
included directories, articles and Internet sites.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Provide a broad understanding of the flooring market to business planners, investors and other professionals with quantifiable market measurements, as well as the markets for adjacent ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Flooring market accounted for $258 billion in 2015 and it is projected to reach $367.82 Billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2015 to 2022. Mounting demand ...
China’s demand for Flooring has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which ...