Table of Contents
Technology Investment Priorities in Australian Mining, 2016
Overall trends in the data revealed -
- The primary technologies expected to see the greatest increases in penetration over the next two years are UAVs/drones, followed by remote control/machine automation, and real-time video training.
- 80% of mines have already invested in collision avoidance, scheduling and shift optimization, tire monitoring, predictive maintenance, fleet management and environmental monitoring technologies.
- UAVs/drones have the least penetration of the technologies with only 40% currently invested. This was followed by real time video training with 42% of mines invested.
- The greatest increase in penetration over the last two years has been in collision avoidance technologies, with expectations in GlobalData’s 2014 survey far exceeded. Fleet management, tire monitoring and fatigue management technologies were other fields that also exceeded investment expectations from GlobalData’s previous survey in 2014.
- Markets expected to have the greatest increases in technology penetration over the next 2 years are expected in Queensland and within the coal and precious metals sectors.
- Companies with revenues below US$1 billion are planning more investments over the next two years than all other companies.
- Vulcan is the most used software, nominated by 33% of the mines This was followed by Surpac with 16% and Xpac with 10%.
- The report is based on responses from a survey of 100 senior decision makers at operating Australian mines, responsible for the purchase of equipment for plant and mine operations, along with consumables and services. The mines are located across eight different states and territories, with Western Australia, Queensland and New South Wales accounting for 88% of the mines. This included four main commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations.
Reasons to buy
- Understand which technologies have and are attracting the most investment, and how this varies by commodity group, mine type, global company revenue and Australian state.
- Target the segments with the greatest opportunity for technology products and services.
- Segment the market according to those fully invested, and those planning to make new investments into each technology.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Carbonates (Soft Drinks) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Carbonates (Soft Drinks) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast ...
Carbonates (Soft Drinks) Market in Europe - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Carbonates (Soft Drinks) Market in Europe - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast ...
Use this report to: - Analyze the applications of flocculants and the market dynamics of each application and growth strategies of key players in the flocculants market. - Understand drivers, restraints, ...