Table of Contents
MediPoint: Orthopedic Power Tools - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
A power tool is a key instrument in the armamentarium of the operating room for many orthopedic surgeries. The adoption rates for orthopedic power tools vary in different regions, mainly due to price sensitivity. Globally, and driven by the orthopedic industry’s continued innovation in cordless battery-powered systems as well as a better understanding of corded systems’ downsides, the usage of pneumatic-powered tools has been declining in the past decade as surgeons adopt premium-priced electric and, more significantly, battery-powered systems. In contrast, in developing countries, electric- and pneumatic-powered tools currently represent highly valued equipment for orthopedic surgeons; moreover, this equipment should continue to remain important, especially in light of the developing countries’ healthcare systems that cannot bear the substantial costs associated with capital equipment upgrades. Yet, a slow shift to battery-powered systems will still occur in these emerging economies, as players introduce the new-generation systems into these countries in the coming years and invest heavily in marketing and promotion.
Throughout the forecast period, the sales units of orthopedic power tools are projected to rise slowly in France, primarily driven by the positive growth in spinal and orthopedic surgeries within the country. Germany has the largest orthopedic market in Europe. Due to the country’s graying population and higher procedure volumes of spinal and joint reconstruction surgeries, the orthopedic market in Germany has experienced steady growth in the past. Driven by the continued procedural rise and slow growth in the number of ASCs in the country, the total sales units of power tool systems in Italy is expected to increase throughout the forecast period, with battery-powered and electric-powered small bone systems’ sales units growing faster. As price cuts by the Spanish government bodies that purchase products for the national healthcare system increase in the upcoming years, the revenue of a wide range of orthopedic markets will be impacted by the country’s economic downturn. In the UK, austerity measures in response to struggling economies continue to put tremendous pressure on orthopedic procedure volumes, resulting in some small-sized hospitals delaying investment in capital equipment upgrades.
- An overview of Orthopedic Power Tools, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized the 5EU Orthopedic Power Tools market revenue and future forecasts from 2011 to 2013, forecast for 7 years to 2020.
- Investigation of current and future market competition for Orthopedic Power Tools.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
- Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
- An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
- Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
- Coverage of key market players.
- Strategic assessment of the Orthopedic Power Tools sector through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.
- Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) as well as doctors
Reasons to buy
- Understand the trends shaping and driving the 5EU Orthopedic Power Tools market.
- Realize device preferences of physicians who have performed the tests already.
- Access market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in the 5EU Orthopedic Power Tools market through 2018.
- Quantify candidate patient populations to better design product pricing & launch plans.
- Drive revenues, formulate effective sales and marketing strategies and gain in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Perform benchmarking analysis of growth opportunities against currently marketed products.
- Assess competitiveness of products in market by understanding the strengths and weaknesses of current competition.
- Take a comprehensive look at the market’s device pipeline and identify promising, paradigm-shifting products.
- Create an effective counter-strategy to gain a competitive advantage against those currently in the market.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for growth.
- What’s the next big thing in the 5EU Orthopedic Power Tools market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Hip Replacement Implant Market: Overview Hip Replacement Implant are the artificial implant made of metal, plastics or ceramic which are replaced with the hip joint. Hip replacement procedure takes ...
The global orthobiologics market is expected to reach USD 10.2 billion by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The orthobiologics market is predominantly driven by the increasing ...
The global orthopedic braces and supports market is expected to reach a value of USD 5.8 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. There is a growing demand for orthopedic ...