Table of Contents
EpiCast Report: Graft-Versus-Host Disease - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023
Graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) is a common complication of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) that occurs when the donated (graft) cells are rejected and attack the host’s cells as foreign. GVHD can progress from mild to severe forms as either acute GVHD (aGVHD) or chronic GVHD (cGVHD). Both aGVHD and cGVHD commonly affect organs such as the skin, gastrointestinal (GI) tract, liver, oral mucosa, and eyes.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed incident cases of aGVHD in the 6MM, from 8,062 diagnosed incident cases in 2013 to 11,568 diagnosed incident cases in 2023, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 4.35% during the forecast period. Similarly, GlobalData epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed incident cases of cGVHD in the 6MM, from 7,359 diagnosed incident cases in 2013 to 10,485 diagnosed incident cases in 2023, at an AGR of 4.25% during the forecast period.
To forecast the diagnosed incident cases of aGVHD and cGVHD in the 6MM, GlobalData epidemiologists selected nationally-representative studies that provided the diagnosed incidence of aGVHD and cGVHD using the uniform validated diagnostic criteria and classification defined by the Center International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research standard grading system for aGVHD, and the standard criteria for cGVHD. In this analysis, GlobalData epidemiologists provided detailed, clinically relevant segmentations for the diagnosed aGVHD and cGVHD cases. Another strength of this analysis is that the same methodology was used across the 6MM, thereby allowing for meaningful global comparisons of the diagnosed incident GVHD cases.
- The Graft-Versus-Host Disease (GVHD) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and the global and historical trends for the diagnosed incidence of hematopoietic stem cell transplantations (HSCTs) (including first, multiple, and re-transplants), segmented by transplant type (autologous and allogeneic), and the diagnosed incident cases of GVHD in the six major markets (6MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK). GlobalData epidemiologists also forecast the four-year diagnosed prevalent cases of acute GVHD (aGVHD) and the five-year diagnosed prevalent cases of chronic GVHD (cGVHD) in the 6MM.
- The GVHD epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 6MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global GVHD market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global GVHD market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the groups that present the best opportunities for GVHD therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Identify the number of incident and prevalent aGVHD and cGVHD cases.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Animal Blood Plasma Products and Derivatives Market (Derivatives Type - Immunoglobulin, Fibrinogen, Serum Albumin, and Fetal Bovine Serum; Application - Cell Culture Media, Food Industry, Pharmaceutical ...
The global apheresis market is projected to reach USD 2.06 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period of 2016 to 2021. Growth in this market is majorly driven by the rising prevalence ...
Blood collection, processing, management devices & consumables are class of medical devices used for collecting the whole blood from the donor, segregating the collected blood into blood components like ...