Table of Contents
CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - United Arab Emirates
In 2015, the UAE population was approximately at 9.6 million. The government of the UAE has been making continuous efforts to strengthen the economy to ensure long-term growth, and the pharmaceutical market is seen as a key industry for the country’s future growth. To support this industry, the government has improved regulatory guidelines and initiatives to develop the domestic pharmaceutical market. The UAE pharmaceutical market is the second-largest pharmaceutical market in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) after Saudi Arabia. The Pharmaceutical market was estimated to be worth $3.05 billion in 2015 and expected to reach $5.71 billion by 2020. The market grew nominally at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 13.4% over the 2008-2020 period. The medical device market was valued at $664m in 2008 and is expected to reach approximately $810m by 2020, at a projected CAGR of 4.1%.
These positive trends can primarily be attributed to -
- Growing medical tourism, healthcare infrastructure, expanding health insurance and increasing health expenditure
- Increasing awareness in the medical community and the general population regarding early disease detection and diagnosis, leading to higher rates of adoption of treatments and healthcare
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in the UAE, and includes -
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, comprising market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical market (Julphar, Neopharma, Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis)
- An insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, of which analysis includes details of the healthcare reimbursement process, the regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the UAE healthcare market
Reasons to buy
This report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the UAE healthcare market
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical market segments, and companies likely to impact the healthcare market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the most opportunities for consolidation, investment, and strategic partnership
- Identify, understand, and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in the UAE healthcare market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides key market data on the EU5 Computed ...