Table of Contents
Banking and Payments Research Digest H1 2014 finds that the banking and payments markets are struggling to deal with the after effects of the downturn and the disruptive effects of technology. Recent research in the banking sector shows European banks are still recovering from the financial downturn, threatened by shadow banks and Fintechs, and attempting to redefine the role of the branch. The cards and payments market is a little more positive according to the latest research, with electronic payments continuing to overtake cash and cheque and strong growth particularly in in Africa and South America. However, here too there are disruptive changes, with the impact of mobile payments, and non-bank prepaid cards threatening the traditional business model in many areas.
Some highlights from the Digest include:
- Customers give negative feedback on retail banks in 2013
- Internet, ATM And Branch The Most Popular Banking Channels
- Key priorities for Banking Customers Remain the Same
- Gift Cards Growing Fast In The US
- SMS-Based And Near-Field Communications-Based Transactions To Grow Rapidly In Asia
- African Governments Attempting to Increase the Banked Population
The Banking and Payments Research Digest is a digest of all the most important research in the retail banking, cards and payments industry each quarter, gathered from over 50 sources including associations, consultants, market intelligence companies, investment banks, and industry participants. It covers the banking and cards and payments industries globally.
Updated quarterly, the Digest allows you to:
- Quickly update yourself on the latest research findings, gathered and organised for you.
- Get our Expert Analysts’ perspectives on the latest research.
- Link through to the original research to review or purchase.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The hardware security modules market is likely to grow at a CAGR of 12.87% during the forecast period” The hardware security modules market is expected to reach USD 1,101.2 million by 2022, at a CAGR ...
Summary Retail deposits for 2016 are expected to be 6% higher than in 2015. However, market conditions over the next few years are predicted to dampen prospects for future growth. UK retail deposits will ...
Banking as a Marketplace: Opportunities and Threats Summary EU-wide and UK-specific regulations will force banks to open up access to their customer data by January 2018. This will have profound implications ...