Table of Contents
The review format provides a concise overview of market size and structure by individual country, allowing quick analysis and easy cross-referencing between countries. 20+ core countries are published every year, with a further seven researched on a rotational basis to provide greater geographical coverage over time. Product coverage: windows and moveables, rooftops and indoor, chillers, airside, VRF, mini and ducted split systems
- The Spanish market for central plant air conditioning products has continue performing declines across all its segments as a direct consequence of:
o Low commercial and industrial construction activity
o Freeze in the private and public investment.
o Reallocation and re-prioritization of available budgets by the end users (companies, holding groups, investment groups, construction companies etc).
- In these conditions it becomes difficult to expand the market and capitalise sales
- On the chiller segment, sales have decreased compared to 2010 and a further drop is expected for 2012. We will have to wait until late 2013 to start seeing the first symptoms of recovery. But regardless of how the market starts to recover it will take some years to bounce back to the levels this segment used to hold a few years ago.
- Air-cooled still dominates the chiller market however water sourced equipment has felt the advantage of its cheaper price and it has been felt a slight increase on its sales in detriment of the air cooled type. This trend is expected to bounce back once the market starts to recover.
- Air handling units and the terminal unit segment follow the steps of the chiller segment. Both markets have decrease compared to 2010 and again further drops are expected for the next few years. AHU segment might behave in a different way and will recover at a faster pace but fan coil and the other terminal unit markets will follow the performance of the chiller market.
- Regarding refrigerants, R22 continues its phase out process which is likely to bring an opportunity to manufacturers and suppliers by retrofitting existing units running with R22 with new higher efficient equipment.
- Heat recovery options are expected to continue their growing trend commenced a few years ago. The prompt form the local energy agencies and the government has helped to kick off this segment. This applies also to the VRF units which have felt the market recession in a major way but are expected to increase its heat recovery segment consistently in the midterm.
- Number of companies operating within the AC market can be considered as extensive. Some dominant companies tend to be involved in both vertical segments of the market: residential and commercial/ industrial (i.e. Daikin and Toshiba-Carrier).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
“Growing need for cost effective data center cooling solutions is one of the drivers driving the data center cooling market” The global data center cooling size is estimated to grow from USD 7.12 ...
Growing residential and commercial sectors coupled with rising disposable income are augmenting demand for air conditioners across the globe. Growing acceptance of air conditioners as a utility product ...
China’s demand for Air Conditioners & Refrigeration has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a ...