Table of Contents
Global Demand, Capacity and Prices for Methanol - China to Remain the Dominant Market
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its latest research, "Global Demand, Capacity and Prices for Methanol - China to Remain the Dominant Market". The study comes from the company’s oil and gas research group, and provides market analysis of the global methanol industry, highlighting major features. It provides historic and forecast market size, demand and production figures by region, covering Asia-Pacific (APAC), Europe, North America, South America, and the Middle East and Africa. It uses data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
The global methanol industry witnessed steady growth between 2003 and 2013, despite the global recession in 2008. Developed regions such as North America and Europe declined in terms of both demand and production, whereas APAC led the industry, with strong demand from major end-use sectors in the petrochemicals and energy industries.
During the next five years, the European and North American markets are not expected to experience any substantial increase in demand volume. However, a large amount of capacity is likely to be added in the US, as it has access to cheap and abundant natural gas feedstock.
China will remain the growth driver of the global methanol industry, with its higher-than-average demand growth. It will continue to increase production capacity to fulfill this, and is expected to add 22.17 million tons per year (mmty) of methanol capacity over the next five years. Overall, methanol capacity in APAC is expected to increase by around 27 mmty by 2018.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the demand and supply dynamics of the global methanol industry, including -
- Historic and forecast global methanol capacity by region
- Details of planned methanol plants
- Major global methanol producers’ capacity shares
- Historic and forecast methanol market size, demand volume and production volume by region
- Global methanol demand by end-use sector
- Methanol price forecasts by region
- Lists of active and planned methanol-to-olefins plants by country
- Profiles of the three largest companies in the global methanol industry
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Understand the key trends and challenges in the global methanol industry
- Understand the regional methanol supply scenario
- Identify opportunities in the global methanol industry with the help of specific insights into demand and supply dynamics
- Increase future revenue and profitability with insights into opportunities and critical success factors in the global methanol industry
- Understand the current and likely future competitive scenario
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“The high-growth application areas such as packaging, construction, and automotive is driving the consumption of petrochemicals market“ The top 15 petrochemicals market report is divided into three ...
The global methanol market has been estimated at USD 31.02 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 51.6 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 10.70% during the forecast period, 2016 to 2021. Market ...
China’s demand for Methanol has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which ...