Table of Contents
CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Poland
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its latest report, “CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Poland”. The report, an essential source of information and analysis, identifies key trends in the healthcare market and provides insights into the demographic, regulatory, reimbursement landscapes and healthcare infrastructure. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends and segmentation of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets. This resource has been produced using data and information from proprietary databases, secondary research, and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
In 2013, Poland’s population was estimated at 38.5 million, having grown at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.2% from 2008. It is however expected to decrease to approximately 38.4 million by 2020 due to a drop in the birth rate. The value of the pharmaceutical market in the country amounted to $8.6 billion in 2013, and it is expected to increase at a CAGR of 8.3% to approximately $15 billion in 2020. Generics accounted for the majority of the market in 2012 with a share of 66%.
This positive trend can be attributed primarily to the following factors -
- Government initiatives and support from the EU to improve healthcare services
- An improved and updated regulatory environment
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in Poland, including the following -
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, comprising market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses for the major players in the pharmaceutical market (Sanofi, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, Polpharma and F. Hoffmann-La Roche)
- Profiles and SWOT analyses for the major players in the medical device market (F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Medtronic, Essilor International, Abbott Laboratories and Siemens Healthcare)
- An insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, including details of the healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies, and approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure, and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges facing growth in the healthcare market
Reasons to buy
This report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Develop business strategies based on a sound understanding of the trends shaping and driving the healthcare market in Poland
- Generate revenue based on knowledge of key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical market segments, and the companies likely to impact the healthcare market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the greatest opportunities for consolidation, investment, and strategic partnership
- Identify, understand, and capitalize upon the opportunities and challenges in Poland’s healthcare market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
Digital transformation helps enterprises improve operational performance, efficiency, and business process. It involves the utilization of digital technologies, such as mobility, analytics, and social ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...