Table of Contents
Sustained Growth Leads to Continued Investment, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Territorial Expansion
The study offers a strategic insight into the global traditional carsharing market, with snapshots of the emerging segments of corporate and peer-to-peer (P2P) carsharing. The study examines the growth of carsharing over the past few years, and provides 2014 growth outlooks for membership and number of vehicles in North America, Latin America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. It studies the factors accelerating the growth of carsharing membership, including the evolving business models of rental companies, original equipment manufacturers and carsharing operators; new technology; mergers and acquisitions; expanding territories; and the increase in use of electric vehicles.
Carsharing Market: Key Events, Global, 2013
- New CSOs in Germany: Citeecar started low-cost carsharing; Ford2Go
- Volkswagen acquired % of Greenwheels
- Carsharing in Italy grew from members in 2011 to over in 2013
- One-way carsharing expanded (car2go, DriveNow, Twizyway, Enjoy, Autolib’)
- Corporate carsharing grew (Carbox, AlphaCity, Shareyourfleet)
- EV carsharing showed considerable growth (Autolib’ increased from to vehicles)
- Avis acquired Zipcar for about $ million with plans to grow through franchising
- Enterprise continued acquisition of CSOs: IGO and PhillyCarShare
- Car2go expanded in more North American cities, increasing its fleet by vehicles and reaching 300,000 members
- About % of the carsharing members in North America subscribe to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) carsharing services
- Across Asia, membership reached by the end of 2013
- The Japanese market in particular saw significant growth (Orix and Time have over members)
- Launch of the Kandi “vending machine” in China
- OEM launches by Nissan (Choimobi Japan) and Hyundai-Kia (Electric Vehicle Sharing program in Seoul, South Korea)
Research Aims and Objectives
The aim of this study is to analyze the global carsharing services market and to provide an overview of types of services, regional snapshots, and emerging trends.
- To provide a strategic overview of the global carsharing market, which consists traditional, corporate, and P2P services
- To offer insight into the operational and business models of traditional carsharing services
- To present a comparative analysis of growth of the traditional carsharing market from 2006 to 2013 and forecast it through 2020
- To discuss 2013 highlights in the traditional carsharing market and the growth expected in 2014
- To comparatively analyze carsharing by region, powertrain, and technology
- To offer insight into the corporate carsharing market
- To examine the OEMs involved in carsharing services
- To provide an outlook for the global P2P carsharing market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Growing need for personal mobility in wake of rising urbanization and fall in car ownership are expected to fuel the demand for mobility on demand” The mobility on demand market is projected to grow ...
The Global Automotive OEM Telematics Market is the third consecutive report from Berg Insight analysing the latest developments on the connected car market worldwide. This strategic research report from ...
This IDC study provides IDC's top 10 predictions for the 2017 Smart City agenda."The awareness of the potential of Smart Cities has grown exponentially over the past year. States, provinces, counties, ...