Table of Contents
'Finland: Growing Demand for New and Innovative Data Services Drives Operator Transformation to All-IP,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Finland's mobile and fixed telecommunications based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Finnish market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- DSL and cable have historically been the most widely used broadband network technologies in Finland, but we expect strong uptake of FTTH/B through 2019, as the three major ISPs, TeliaSonera, Elisa and DNA, as well as the several regional incumbents and cooperatives embark on all-IP transformation projects deploying FTTH/B networks. For these rollouts, operators are using funds from the government's national broadband plan, which targets 100Mbps broadband for all Finns by the end of 2015.
- In the mature and competitive Finnish market, service providers focus on extracting more revenue from customers by encouraging migration to higher-value 4G/LTE, FTTH/B or DOCSIS 3.1 technologies. Finnish operators are also looking to compete on innovation by offering best-of-breed connectivity, by bundling established services with new multimedia and IT services, and by partnering with OTT providers.
- Owing to increasing demand for mobile services and declining demand for traditional fixed services, the fixed/mobile revenue split will trend toward mobile services over the 2014-2019 period. Finland was one of the first countries to launch commercial 4G/LTE services back in 2011. Today, Finnish operators are focused on providing 4G services to the entire population thanks to the recent award of 800MHz spectrum, which is suitable for covering remote and sparsely populated areas.
“Finland: Growing Demand for New and Innovative Data Services Drives Operator Transformation to All-IP” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Finland today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Finland's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Finland in a regional context: a comparative review of market size and trends with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Finland.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data markets.
- The service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data from the current year to the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and service provider performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Finland's telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Finland's communications market. The analysis is based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Finland.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Finnish market to operators, vendors and investors.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Cellular data traffic in Sub-Saharan Africa will be over 9 times higher in 2021 than in 2016 – this growth will be key to mobile operators' future prospects." Mobile network operators in Sub-Saharan ...
"Cellular data traffic in the Middle East and North Africa will be 484% higher in 2021 than in 2016 – mobile operators must monetise this growth." Mobile network operators in the Middle East and North ...