Table of Contents
CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - The Netherlands
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its latest report, “CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - The Netherlands”. The report is an essential source of information on and analysis of the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape in the Netherlands. It identifies the key trends in the country’s healthcare market and provides insights into its demographic, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends and segmentation of its pharmaceutical and medical device markets. It uses data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research, and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
The population of the Netherlands was 16.8 million in 2013, having grown at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.5% from 2008. The country’s increasingly elderly population and a corresponding increase in the incidence of chronic diseases will help to boost the growth of the pharmaceutical market, which was estimated to be worth $6.7 billion in 2013 and is projected to reach $7.1 billion in 2020. The medical device market was valued at $3.2 billion in 2013, having grown at a CAGR of 4.1% from $2.6 billion in 2008.
These growth trends can be primarily attributed to -
- The country’s increasingly elderly population
- The state’s universal health coverage
- An increase in hospital expenditure on expensive medicines (medicines priced above €500 ($670.4)
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in the Netherlands, including -
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, covering market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical market: Pfizer, Abbott, AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline and Merck; and profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the medical device market: Medtronic, Siemens Healthcare, F.Hoffmann-La Roche, DePuy and Essilor International
- An insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with analysis covering the country’s healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the healthcare market
Reasons to buy
This report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the healthcare market
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical market segments, and companies likely to affect the healthcare market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investment, and strategic partnerships
- Identify, understand, and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in the Netherlands’ healthcare market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This unique 68-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com provides data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to assist diagnostics industry executives, as well ...
This new 75-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to help current suppliers and potential market ...
This new report from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular analysis of the Europe diagnostic testing market, including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, ...