Please note: The license is valid for 12 months from the date the report is sent.
Heavy oil is a poorer quality crude with a higher carbon to hydrogen ratio and more impurities such as sulphur and metals. It is usually found in formations where the cap rock has provided insufficient protection allowing bacteria to enter and degrade the oil over time. Heavy oil in this report is defined as oil with an API gravity of under 22o that is mobile or semi-mobile at reservoir conditions. In some countries, such as Russia and China, heavy oil is referred to as high-viscosity crude. Heavy oil can be produced with either non-thermal (cold) production processes or thermal production processes. Cold production processes tend to inject water or chemicals in reserves to extract heavy oil, whereas thermal processes inject steam to heat the viscous oil before extraction. The global market for heavy oil will be $53.62bn in 2014.
In this report, the market is subdivided based on the method of production into cold heavy oil and thermal heavy oil submarkets. Expenditure in the global heavy oil market will be primarily driven by the cold heavy oil submarket as many of the world’s largest national heavy oil markets have well established cold heavy oil projects, though thermal projects are on the increase in a few select locations.
This new report from visiongain is a fresh market assessment of the heavy oil sector based upon the latest information. This brand new report contains completely new analysis based on company expenditure (USD$), though production (bpd) forecasts are also included.Why you should buy the Heavy Oil Market 2014-2024: Expenditure & Production Forecasts and Prospects for Leading Companies report:
What is the future for the heavy oil market? Which submarkets and regions will prosper over the next ten years? Visiongain’s comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.How this 280 page report delivers:
- View global, submarket and national heavy oil market forecasts and analysis from 2014-2024 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- Global heavy oil market forecast and analysis 2014-2024 for both expenditure (USD$) and production (bpd)
- The market projections and analysis of the commercial drivers and restraints will allow you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2014-2024, our new study shows current market data, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments
- Our report provides 193 tables, charts, and graphs
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future heavy oil market prospects. This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. You will gain from our analyst’s industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the heavy oil sector.
- Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provides full transcripts of primary research company interviews.
- By reading the full transcript of an exclusive expert opinion interview contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. You will gain a thorough knowledge on the heavy oil sector, finding strategic advantages for your work and demonstrating how your organisation can benefit.
- This report includes an interview with Breitling Energy, a company focused on unconventional oil production that will move into heavy oil production in the US.
- Discover expenditure forecasts for the two main heavy oil submarkets from 2014-2024
- What are the market dynamics within the heavy oil industry? How will these markets expand? Which submarkets will see the
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
- Latest reports & slideshows with insights from top research analysts
- 24 Million searchable statistics with tables, figures & datasets
- More than 10,000 trusted sources