Table of Contents
Crestor (Acute Coronary Syndrome) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, “Crestor (Acute Coronary Syndrome) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023”. The current ACS market - primarily comprised of antithrombotics, antihypertensives, and statins - is flush with well-established standard-of-care therapies, many of which are generic. Therefore, the pipeline therapies that show the most promise exploit novel mechanisms of action and target orphan biochemical pathways. The ACS market will be driven by an aging population with a preponderance of lifestyle-based diseases, such as obesity, and the growing prevalence of metabolic disorders such as diabetes. The expansion of biologics into the ACS mainstream during the ten year forecast period is expected to significantly and fundamentally alter the ACS market, both medically and financially.
Crestor remains the only branded statin in the 7MM covered in this forecast. It is the most potent of all of the HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors. Crestor faces steep competition from the generic statins, especially atorvastatin, which can boast a low cost and a preponderance of clinical trial data in support of its efficacy and safety. Nevertheless, when Crestor’s patent expires in the US in 2016 and in the EU and Japan in 2017, the use of rosuvastatin is likely to increase, but the gain in sales is likely to be allocated to the new generic options.
- Overview of ACS, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Aricept including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Aricept for the top seven countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for ACS
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Aricept performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Aricept from 2013-2023 in top seven countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan)
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
About Dyslipidemia Drugs Lipid refers to fat comprising proteins and carbohydrates. Cholesterol and triglycerides are lipids that are stored in the human body and serve as a source of energy. Dyslipidaemia ...
Fore Pharma has released its new research, Simvastatin Sales, Price Analysis, & Sales Forecast – 2017. Find out the sales of Simvastatin worldwide and by countries in North America, Europe, Japan, BRIC, ...
Fore Pharma has released its new research, Rosuvastatin Sales, Price Analysis, & Sales Forecast – 2017. Find out the sales of Rosuvastatin worldwide and by countries in North America, Europe, Japan, ...