Table of Contents
This report concentrates on recent advances in the development of the Wi-Fi technology and updates Practel reports published in 2010-2011.
Particular, the report addresses a wide spectrum of Wi-Fi technologies, starting from legacy systems and showing unlimited potentials of IEEE 802.11; the standard is extended in the frequency and time domains to reveal such potentials.
The report shows that the work to enhance the Wi-Fi technology has never stopped. In particular, it addresses such recent developments:
1. 802.11n. The technology already produced a multi-billion market, improving such communications characteristics as the rate of transmission, coverage and other. It significantly increased the spectrum of Wi-Fi applications.
2. 60 GHz Wi-Fi. This is the Wi-Fi industry response on the users' new requirements to support gigabits per second rates of transmission over shorter ranges for such applications as a home/office distribution of HDVD and similar bandwidth-hunger applications.
3. White Spaces Wi-Fi (super Wi-Fi). This technology allows utilizing the property of sub-gigahertz transmission together with Wi-Fi advances.
4. Low-consumption Wi-Fi. Until recently, WLAN technologies could not compete with ZigBee, UWB and other low-consumption technologies. The creation of low-consumption Wi-Fi chips opened the doors for such applications as WSN in healthcare, manufacturing, building automation and many others.
5. sub -6 GHz Wi-Fi. This development allows gigabit per second speed and improves characteristics of IEEE 802.11n technology in the wide spectrum characteristics.
6. sub-1 GHz Wi-Fi (excluding White Spaces).
The report addresses technological, standardization and marketing features of these recent additions to the 802.11 family; it also includes a survey of vendors and related products.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Increase in public Wi-Fi hotspots and connected devices ownership is the major driver for the growth of the Wi-Fi chipset market.” The Wi-Fi chipset market was valued at USD 15.89 billion in 2016 ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global WiFi Hotspot market is accounted for $1.5 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $4.9 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 18.4% from 2015 to 2022. The factors ...
About Smart Shade Devices Digitalization, IT, and automation are the three major driving forces across industries globally to build and adopt smart solutions. They improve both the efficiency and effectiveness ...