Table of Contents
In June 2014, Virgin Rail Group was directly awarded a franchise agreement to operate passenger services on the UK's West Coast Main Line (WCML). The company has successfully retained the franchise from its creation in 1997 and has become a prominent passenger transport brand. This case study examines how the company has achieved this success and the future prospects of the business.
Features and benefits
* Analyzes the financial performance of the Virgin Rail Group
* Assesses the business strategy of Virgin Rail Group.
* Examines the future prospects of Virgin Rail Group.
Virgin Rail Group has successfully changed consumer purchasing behaviour for rail tickets from 'turn up and go' to advanced booking by implementing a variable fare pricing strategy.
Faster, more frequent journeys together with improved on board service have transformed the competitive position of long distance Virgin Trains services compared to other transport modes, particularly air travel.
Your key questions answered
* How has Virgin Rail Group established itself as a successful rail franchise operator in the UK?
* How has Virgin Rail Group grown revenues and net income in the long distance passenger rail sector?
* What innovations have Virgin Rail Group introduced?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The Global High Speed Rail Coating Market has been estimated at USD XXX.X million in 2015 and is projected to reach USD XXXX.X million by 2020, at a CAGR of X.X% during the forecast period from 2015 to ...
The Manufacture of Railway Locomotives and Rolling Stock: The railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturing industry is part of the drive to revitalise the rail industry as a whole, and includes ...
On the right track: Expansion of rail freight activity will drive industry revenue growth Abstract Rail Maintenance Services in the US Industry demand has grown steadily over the five years to 2017 as ...