Table of Contents
Samsung has the potential to benefit strongly from the Internet of Things (IoT) by leveraging its strong position in both smartphones and household appliances to create a smart home ecosystem. This report assesses Samsung and its closest rivals' current position in the smart home market, and analyzes Samsung's recent movements in the field, including its recent acquisition of SmartThings.
Features and benefits
* Analyzes Samsung's involvement in the smart home market, as well as Apple and Google's IoT activities.
* Assesses Samsung's position in the household appliances industry, including its recent attempts to innovate its product lineup.
* Explores the underlying motivation behind Samsung's acquisition of SmartThings.
The IoT, which encompasses a range of smart, connected devices – or 'things' – is growing in both importance and scale. It is, therefore, of little surprise that the IoT has drawn the attention of a number of big tech companies, most notably Google and Apple, who are attempting to foster their own IoT ecosystems through two different strategies.
Samsung is in a different position to Apple and Google. It already has a significant, and growing, presence in the household appliance market, and its latest innovations have put it at the forefront of smart appliances. The manufacturer is also the smartphone market leader, putting it in an enviable position to establish its own IoT ecosystem.
On August 14, 2014, Samsung announced that it was acquiring SmartThings, a fast-growing open IoT platform and software provider involved in the smart home market. SmartThings enables consumers to control a myriad of connected devices, from a large number of third party manufacturers, through their smartphone.
Your key questions answered
* How do Samsung, Google, and Apple's strategies to establish themselves as leaders in the smart home market differ?
* How has Samsung leveraged its strong position in consumer electronics and household appliances to bolster its standing in the smart home space so far?
* How will SmartThings complement Samsung's existing product lineup and smart home strategy?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Centrica Connected Home Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains ...
Digital commerce is no longer restricted to computers, tablets and mobile phones. There are now a plethora of things, including connected cars, consumer appliances, smart clothing, smartwatches, othe ...
Synopsis "NWSDB – Ambatale Water Supply System Improvement and Energy Saving Facility – Sri Lanka" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile ...
Internet Of Thi...