Table of Contents
This BCC Research report analyzes the global phase change materials (PCMs) market in terms of growth, market size and opportunities with regard to applications, products and region. Forecasted revenue is included from 2014 through 2019. Market dynamics of PCMs across geographies of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world are also included.
Use this report to:
- Estimate market revenues for the global PCM market also broken down by region and applications.
- Gain information about the alliances, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, new products and other developments and research and development (R&D) in the global
- Learn about recent developments and product portfolios of the major players.
- Receive information about the types and classifications of latent heat storage materials.
- The global phase change materials (PCM) market totaled $480.8 million in 2013 and is expected to grow from $572.1 million in 2014 to $1.4 billion in 2019, an estimated compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.8% from 2014 through 2019.
- Europe is the largest regional segment of the market; projected to total $197.9 million in 2014 and $502.6 million by 2019, increasing at a CAGR of 20.5% from 2014 through 2019.
- The Asia-Pacific region should reach $147.9 million in 2014 and $361.4 million by 2019 at a 19.6% CAGR for the period 2014-2019.
Introduction & Scope
This report analyzes the global phase change materials (PCMs) market in terms of growth, market size and opportunities with regard to applications, products and region.
The report includes forecasted revenue through 2019. This report discusses market dynamics of PCMs across geographies of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the
rest of the world.
STUDY AND OBJECTIVE
- Define the global PCM market
- Analyze market structure by materials and applications
- Estimate market revenues of the global PCM market by region and applications
- Identify market trends, issues and factors impacting the global PCM market
- Study various applications of the global PCM market with respect to growth drivers and restraints
- Discuss opportunities in the global PCM market with respect to region and applications
- Profile major players in the global PCM market and discuss their products and recent developments
- Track alliances, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, new products and other developments and research and development (R&D) in the global PCM market
PHASE-CHANGE MATERIALS DESCRIPTION
PCMs or latent heat storage (LHS) materials store and release large amounts of heat/energy to maintain constant temperature. These materials are different from other insulation materials as, on reaching their melting point (the temperature at which they change their phase, solid to liquid, etc.), they absorb large amounts of heat and
release stored latent heat. These materials are used for cooling and heating applications across industries such as construction, commercial refrigeration, textiles, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and so forth. Increased use of such materials helps conserve energy.
Several research initiatives are in progress to integrate LHS materials in different applications. This will not only help in saving costs but also increase revenues as more
efficient use of applications becomes visible. However, integration of materials in the end products and disseminating information about the use of these materials to save
energy is still a challenge. PCMs have a high growth rate, as there is an increasing demand for “green buildings” and energy-saving materials for use in applications such as building and construction, commercial refrigeration and HVAC.
The various PCMs (salt hydrates, paraffin, fatty acids, eutectic salts) are studied on the basis of applications, materials and region. Paraffin market share is the largest in terms
of value, while building and construction and commercial refrigeration boost market growth for applications. The reason for this is an increase in the demand for energy for
cooling of buildings. Also, the application of PCMs in textiles and shipping and transportation is expected to see a significant growth in the next five years.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This research report incorporates an in depth analysis of the global PCM market including market estimations and trends through 2019. This report analyzes market
dynamics of such applications across geographies of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world. Major players, competitive intelligence, innovative technologies, market dynamics and geographic opportunities are discussed in detail in the report. The report also discusses recent developments and product portfolios of the major players. Patent analysis provides trends over the past two to three years in the U.S., Europe and Japan.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Analyze nanocomposites that are in commercial use or under development, associated technologies and applications. - Provide suppliers of advanced materials, entrepreneurs, investors ...
Global Advanced Materials Market: Overview Advanced Materials generally have superior properties than conventional materials available. They can outperform conventional materials, in terms of their applications. ...
The biomaterials market is projected to reach 149.17 billion by 2021 million from 70.90 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 16.0%. Factors such as increasing funds and grants by governments worldwide, rising ...