Table of Contents
This BCC Research report provides an overview of the current state of the microRNA (miRNA) market, focusing mainly on continuing research endeavors, newly emerging sophisticated tools, reagents, techniques, diagnostics and therapeutic products.
Use this report to:
- Learn about the current state of the microRNA market, focusing mainly on continuing research endeavors, newly emerging sophisticated tools, reagents, techniques,
diagnostics and therapeutic products.
- Focus on the products and tests currently on the market and receive detailed analysis of the competitive environments.
- Evaluate emerging commercial opportunities in the microRNA reagent, diagnostic, and therapeutic submarkets.
- Receive profiles of leading players in the industry.
- The global market for microRNA (miRNA) research tools, services, diagnostics, and drug discovery was valued at $478.8 million in 2013. This market is expected to reach $572 million in 2014 and $1 billion in 2019, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.6% for the period of 2014 to 2019.
- The miRNA research tools market is expected to increase from $441.2 million in 2014 to $813.2 million by 2019, at a CAGR of 13% for the period of 2014 to 2019.
- The miRNA drug discovery market is expected to increase from $83 million in 2014 to $145.5 million in 2019, at a CAGR of 11.9% for the period of 2014 to 2019.
Introduction & Scope
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This BCC Research report, MicroRNA Research Tools, Diagnostics and Therapeutics: Global Markets, provides an overview of the current state of the microRNA (miRNA)
market, focusing mainly on continuing research endeavors, newly emerging sophisticated tools, reagents, techniques, diagnostics and therapeutic products. The report describes products and tests currently on the market and a detailed analysis of the competitive environments, including new emerging trends and markets for novel
products and assay development.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
MicroRNAs are a recently discovered class of gene regulators, which, when produced by a cell, are able to turn off specific sets of genes through post-transcriptional
mechanisms. They include a large family of small ~21-nucleotide long, noncoding (nRNAs) that are capable of controlling a variety of cellular processes such as cell
proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis. MicroRNAs are found to be regulating a wide array of gene targets and therefore may exert diverse, highly potent and
context-dependent functions. The last decade witnessed significant advancement in miRNA research leading to identification of novel miRNA genes, validation of miRNA
targets and delineation of the biological significance of miRNAs.
A growing number of pharmaceutical and biotech companies are becoming involved in miRNA research due to advancements in molecular diagnostics and therapeutics.
Consequently, a larger number of distribution companies are providing miRNA research tools and expanding the spectrum of their applications to cater to a wider range of life
sciences areas. Research on miRNA has expanded, embracing cardiovascular, virology, endocrinology, plant science and genetic disease fields.
As an increasing number of miRNAs and their functions are discovered, additional research fields may evince an interest in the role of miRNAs in their disciplines, leading
to the need for a wider variety of research tools. An upswing in miRNA research over the past few years has already led several life sciences vendors to offer miRNA
research tools. This report from BCC Research provides an insight into the various segments of the miRNA industry for the benefit of its participants in the segments of
research tools such as reagents, devices and diagnostics and miRNA therapeutics.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This BCC Research report is a business tool that is intended to help biotechnology companies evaluate emerging commercial opportunities in the microRNA reagent,
diagnostic and therapeutic submarkets. The existing leading players in this market segment are provided with an opportunity to learn what the other competitors in this
nascent arena have achieved to gain a stronger foothold in the sector in their quest for bringing to the market blockbuster therapeutics to treat diseases with significant
unmet medical needs.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This new 75-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to help current suppliers and potential market ...
This new report from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular analysis of the Europe diagnostic testing market, including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, ...
This new report from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular analysis of the Asia-Pacific diagnostic testing market, including Australia, Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, ...