Table of Contents
Singulair (Asthma) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, “Singulair (Asthma) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023”. The asthma market saw very slow growth over the past decade, as it has become saturated with relatively efficacious standard therapies, such as short-acting beta-agonists (SABAs), inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs), inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting beta-agonists (ICS/LABAs), and leukotriene modifiers, and has also been facing increasing generic competition. However, the launch of seven novel targeted biologic agents and once-daily ICS and ICS/LABA therapies delivered by the next-generation inhalers will strongly drive the market growth over the next 10 years. The biologic agents will not only reshape the market growth, but will also mark the beginning of a new era of a personalized approach to asthma treatment. The realization that asthma is a very heterogeneous disease is highly reflected in the rich assortment of these targeted therapies in the late-stage pipeline.
Singulair, developed by Merck, is a CysLT1 receptor inhibitor, blocking the physiologic actions of leukotriene D4 (LTD4). LTD4 belongs to the family of Cys-LTs, which are mediators released from a variety of cells, including mast cells and eosinophils, and which bind to the family of CysLT receptors. Several studies have determined that there are higher concentrations of Cys-LTs in the airways and urine of asthmatics compared with non-asthmatic individuals. The production of CysLTs is increased in asthmatics, particularly during the early phase of bronchoconstriction that follows allergen challenge. Cys-LT signaling results in airway edema, smooth muscle contraction, and aberrant immune cell activity.
- Overview of Asthma, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Singulair including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Singulair for the top eight countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Asthma
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Singulair performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Singulair from 2013-2023 in top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia)
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Description As new targeted asthma therapies emerge, is time running out for Xolair? Xolair’s unique position in the targeted asthma treatment market is under threat. Teva’s Cinqair and GSK’s Nucala ...
Global Respiratory Complications Therapeutics Market to 2022 - Innovative Pneumonia and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Therapies Dominate Varied Disease Market Summary Respiratory complications are a ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) Therapeutics in US$ Million. The Global market is analyzed by the following Drug Class and Brands: Endothelin Recepto ...