Table of Contents
Fluticasone Furoate (Asthma) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, “Fluticasone Furoate (Asthma) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023”. The asthma market saw very slow growth over the past decade, as it has become saturated with relatively efficacious standard therapies, such as short-acting beta-agonists (SABAs), inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs), inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting beta-agonists (ICS/LABAs), and leukotriene modifiers, and has also been facing increasing generic competition. However, the launch of seven novel targeted biologic agents and once-daily ICS and ICS/LABA therapies delivered by the next-generation inhalers will strongly drive the market growth over the next 10 years. The biologic agents will not only reshape the market growth, but will also mark the beginning of a new era of a personalized approach to asthma treatment. The realization that asthma is a very heterogeneous disease is highly reflected in the rich assortment of these targeted therapies in the late-stage pipeline.
GSK’s fluticasone furoate is marketed as Veramyst/Avamys/Allermyst in the US, EU, Japan, and Australia for the treatment of allergic rhinitis and is formulated as a nasal spray. Fluticasone furoate is also a component of Breo/Relvar, which is marketed in the EU and Japan for the treatment of COPD and asthma. This drug is a synthetic trifluorinated corticosteroid with potent anti-inflammatory activity. When compared with fluticasone propionate, fluticasone furoate has 1.7-fold greater binding affinity for the glucocorticoid receptor.
- Overview of Asthma, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Fluticasone Furoate including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Fluticasone Furoate for the top eight countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Asthma
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Fluticasone Furoate performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Fluticasone Furoate from 2013-2023 in top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia)
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Market, considering the sales of both branded treatments and generic chemotherapy, is expected ...
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...