Table of Contents
Bosatria (Mepolizumab) (Asthma) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, “Bosatria (Mepolizumab) (Asthma) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023”. The asthma market saw very slow growth over the past decade, as it has become saturated with relatively efficacious standard therapies, such as short-acting beta-agonists (SABAs), inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs), inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting beta-agonists (ICS/LABAs), and leukotriene modifiers, and has also been facing increasing generic competition. However, the launch of seven novel targeted biologic agents and once-daily ICS and ICS/LABA therapies delivered by the next-generation inhalers will strongly drive the market growth over the next 10 years. The biologic agents will not only reshape the market growth, but will also mark the beginning of a new era of a personalized approach to asthma treatment. The realization that asthma is a very heterogeneous disease is highly reflected in the rich assortment of these targeted therapies in the late-stage pipeline.
GSK’s Bosatria (mepolizumab) is a humanized mAb targeting IL-5, a cytokine that regulates the activation of eosinophils. It was originally developed for the treatment of hypereosinophilic syndrome, but GSK withdrew its authorization application after the CHMP determined that the data were insufficient to conclude whether there is a positive benefit-risk balance for Bosatria in asthma (GSK, press release, July 29, 2009). GSK boasts multibillion dollar sales for its blockbuster, Advair/Seretide, but Bosatria is not expected to reach this status, since it will only be used in a limited number of refractory patients.
- Overview of Asthma, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Bosatria including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Bosatria for the top eight countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Asthma
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Bosatria performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Bosatria from 2013-2023 in top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia)
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Market, considering the sales of both branded treatments and generic chemotherapy, is expected ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...