Table of Contents
Tralokinumab (Asthma) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, “Tralokinumab (Asthma) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023”. The asthma market saw very slow growth over the past decade, as it has become saturated with relatively efficacious standard therapies, such as short-acting beta-agonists (SABAs), inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs), inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting beta-agonists (ICS/LABAs), and leukotriene modifiers, and has also been facing increasing generic competition. However, the launch of seven novel targeted biologic agents and once-daily ICS and ICS/LABA therapies delivered by the next-generation inhalers will strongly drive the market growth over the next 10 years. The biologic agents will not only reshape the market growth, but will also mark the beginning of a new era of a personalized approach to asthma treatment. The realization that asthma is a very heterogeneous disease is highly reflected in the rich assortment of these targeted therapies in the late-stage pipeline.
AstraZeneca’s tralokinumab is in Phase II of development for severe, persistent, uncontrolled asthma despite standard-of-care therapy and failing third-line treatment, such as a high-dose ICS/LABA combination. Tralokinumab is an IgG4 humanized mAb against IL-13, which is a pleiotropic cytokine of the Th2 cell response. IL-13 is a key target for new anti-asthma therapeutic strategies because of its involvement, together with IL-4, in several aspects of airway inflammation and remodeling, including mucus production, IgE synthesis, recruitment of eosinophils and basophils, as well as proliferation of bronchial fibroblasts and airway smooth muscle cells.
- Overview of Asthma, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Tralokinumab including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Tralokinumab for the top eight countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Asthma
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Tralokinumab performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Tralokinumab from 2013-2023 in top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia)
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
OpportunityAnalyzer: Hyperparathyroidism - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2025 Summary Hyperparathyroidism (HPT) is a common endocrinal disorder characterized by excessive plasma levels of parathyroid ...
PharmaPoint: HER2-Negative/HR+ and Triple Negative Breast Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Human Epidermal growth factor Receptor type 2 (HER2-) breast cancer is the second ...
PharmaPoint: Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is a small, enveloped RNA virus that causes acute and chronic infections ...