Table of Contents
Migration to High Throughput Bandwidth and IP-based MilSatCom Networks
- The Global Military Satcom Applications market will grow by $ million by 2022, with a CAGR of %.
- The fixed satcom segment will grow by $ million, contributing % of the global market growth by 2022. This will be mainly driven by the emerging high throughput satellite market.
- The growing demand will be for multiband satcoms that will allow military users to roam across commercial and government bandwidths as they expand, upgrade and migrate to the high throughput satellite bandwidths in the coming decade.
- The current conditions indicate a decline in MilSatCom spend in North America and Europe. Significant market growth will begin after 2017. The major MilSatCom upgrade programs will result in extensive hardware procurement starting 2018.
- The current MilSatCom expenditure is primarily focused on proprietary satellite systems and other upstream expenditure.
- The key feature of the upcoming migration trend will be the transition from legacy ISDN-based platforms to IP-based platforms to realize an integrated military communications network, capable of delivering IP-broadband to the tactical terminal.
- X and Ka bandwidths are expanding, and the migration to Ka high throughput bandwidth will be globally pronounced. The actual migration will begin in the midterm and beyond, while calling for redundant multi-band satcom capability to mitigate rain fade issues.
- The current military satcom expenditure is a combination of upstream and downstream spend, with more emphasis on the upstream segment. The trend of long-term satellite spectrum procurement is setting in and this will take significant share of the overall MilSatCom spend.
- The downstream spend, focusing on MilSatCom hardware, integration, maintenance, operations and network management, will be largely dictated by the migration to high-throughput satellite connectivity. The expansion of X and Ka bandwidths will be the major driver for hardware upgrade and expanding C4ISR networks.
- Military satcom spectrum procurement from private satellite operators will rise and the available spectrum space will grow to accommodate expanding MilSatCom networks. The hardware spend, however, will depend on the growing need for secure high throughput connectivity.
- The fixed satcom segment will grow the most, owing to the need for extended ground infrastructure (multiple, interoperable tactical networks) and migration to high throughput satellite connectivity via multiple steerable spot beams.
The global market will grow by $ million by 2022, with a CAGR of %.
The migration to high throughput bandwidth via multiple spot beam technology will result in expansion of fixed satcom segment, which will grow by $ million by 2022.
The key trend in the coming decade will involve users utilizing existing capacity before migrating to high throughput bandwidth.
Multiband satcom terminals will be in demand as military users will look for operations across existing and newly acquired satellite bandwidths.
The naval, air and ground vehicle mounted satcom segments will grow by $ million, $ million and $ million, respectively, by 2022.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What are the recent and expected trends in the Military Satcom Applications Market?
What are the procurement trends in the Military Satcom Applications Market?
What are the evolving satcom application requirements in each region?
What will be the future challenges that suppliers and solution providers will face in each region?
What will be the impact of dynamically changing upstream segment on the downstream segment of MilSatCom?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Geospatial analytics market projected to grow at a CAGR of 19.2%” The geospatial analytics market is projected to grow from USD 30.71 billion in 2016 to USD 73.91 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 19.2%. ...
Global Military Personal Protective Equipment Market: Overview Military personal protective equipment has become a crucial and standard element of soldier equipment. One of the major factor driving the ...
“Fiber optics gyroscope market to grow at a CAGR of 3.61% between 2016 and 2022” The fiber optics gyroscope market is expected to reach USD 1,037.0 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 3.61% between 2016 ...