Table of Contents
EpiCast Report: Dyslipidemia - Epidemiology Forecast to 2025
Dyslipidemia is a condition in which one or more of the serum lipid levels are abnormal. It is a well-established risk factor for cardiovascular disease (CVD), and the burden of morbidity, mortality, and medical costs arising from dyslipidemia is substantial.
The clinical diagnostic criteria for dyslipidemia and serum lipid abnormalities vary across countries and depend on the disease treatment and management guidelines that are followed in each country. Guidelines for the detection, evaluation, treatment, and management of dyslipidemia, as well as the prevention of associated CVD, are updated periodically, which has led to further differences over the past several decades in how the prevalence of dyslipidemia is assessed in different studies. For this analysis, GlobalData epidemiologists estimated the total prevalent cases of serum lipid abnormalities according to country-specific cut-offs.
In 2015, there were 580,825,262 total prevalent cases of dyslipidemia in the 8MM. This is forecast to grow to 680,288,645 by 2025, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.71%. Urban China made up the majority of the total prevalent cases in the 8MM throughout the forecast period, and will also experience the highest growth from 274,741,284 total prevalent cases of dyslipidemia in 2015 to 348,184,445 cases by 2025, at an AGR of 2.67%. The US is forecast to grow at an AGR of 1.34%, from 133,104,335 total prevalent cases of dyslipidemia in 2015 to 150,918,348 cases by 2025. In the 8MM, there were 317,925,626 diagnosed prevalent cases of dyslipidemia, which is forecast to grow to 370,440,489 by 2025.
GlobalData epidemiologists used comprehensive, country-specific data from population-based national health surveys, such as the NHANES in the US and the CHNS in urban China. Additionally, data from peer-reviewed journal articles were utilized to arrive at a meaningful, in-depth analysis and forecast for the total prevalent cases of dyslipidemia, as well as other therapeutically significant patient populations including the diagnosed prevalent cases of dyslipidemia and the total prevalent cases of FH.
- The Dyslipidemia EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global trends for dyslipidemia in the eight major markets (8MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and China [urban]). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the total and diagnosed prevalent cases of dyslipidemia-which are defined as elevated low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C), high triglycerides (TG), or low levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C)-as well as the total prevalent cases of increased LDL-C, and very high TG, segmented by sex and age. Additionally, the forecast provides the total prevalent cases of familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) and very high TG in these markets.
- The dyslipidemia epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 8MM.
Reasons to buy
The Dyslipidemia EpiCast report will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global dyslipidemia market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global dyslipidemia market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for dyslipidemia therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Understand the distribution of types of dyslipidemia and FH in these markets.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global cholesterol testing services market is expected to reach USD 17.5 billion by 2021 from USD 11.9 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period. This market is segmented ...
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Dyslipidemia - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global ...
About Dyslipidemia Drugs Lipid refers to fat comprising proteins and carbohydrates. Cholesterol and triglycerides are lipids that are stored in the human body and serve as a source of energy. Dyslipidaemia ...