Table of Contents
MediPoint: Aortic Stent Grafts - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Aortic stent grafts are most commonly used to reinforce a weak spot in an artery, which is known as an aneurysm. The stent grafts are designed to seal tightly with the patient’s native artery above and below the aneurysm, and are used to treat abdominal aortic aneurysms as well as thoracic aortic aneurysms. Aortic aneurysms, as opposed to aneurysms found elsewhere in the body, are potentially very serious, as a burst aorta results in massive internal bleeding that can be fatal unless treated rapidly by an experienced emergency medical team. Since their introduction in patients in 1991, aortic stent graft devices have gained wide acceptance and availability, with their adoption fueled in great part by advances in stent-graft design and by a variety of devices for various anatomic features. Over time, these devices have gained traction for use in patients with ruptured aneurysms because they are minimally invasive and have shorter recovery times.
This report focuses on the aortic stent graft implant market for abdominal and thoracic aneurysms. The abdominal aortic market comprises about 80-90% of the market, with the niche market being the thoracic one. The thoracic aneurysm repair market is still a young market where there is a strong pipeline of products from both the large manufacturers and small emerging players. For most manufacturers, following the successful launch of an AAA product, the thoracic stent graft segment presents the opportunity with the most unmet needs for pursuit.
The 10MM are covered and forecast in this report, which provides the unmet needs, future adoption, and Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGRs) in both the abdominal stent graft and thoracic stent graft markets. GlobalData’s analysis demonstrates this market to be a young and growing market, subject to rapid technological development and with much room for product adoption. The global aortic stent grafts market is determined for the 10 countries with insight into the competitive landscape, the marketed and pipeline products, the current and emerging players and market analysis. The report identifies the unmet needs in the market while providing an understanding of physicians’ perceptions and decision-making processes in using and evaluating the adoption of the stent graft.
Key Questions Answered
- (Q). What is the current and future aortic stent market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? (Q). What trends are affecting the global stent graft market fro both AAA and TAA?
- (Q). Which are the key, high growth markets that stent manufacturers should expand into? (Q). Who are the up and coming new players in the stent graft market?
- The traditional open surgery approach has been used for decades. (Q). What are the drivers moving physicians to take the endovascular approach instead? (Q). What are the unmet needs for current generation products?
- (Q). What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of stent graft over another? (Q). What is physician perception and market outlook of endovascular repair?
- (Q). What are the challenges and complications of stent grafts that have hindered widespread adoption?
- (Q). With developing the next-generation of aortic stent grafts and what are the disruptive technologies and game changing trends that manufacturers are focusing on?
Reasons to buy
- “What Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading Vascular Surgeons from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global atherectomy devices market is expected to reach USD 894.69 million by 2025, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The demand for atherectomy devices market is anticipated to boost ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Atherectomy Devices market is accounted for $496.54 million in 2016 and is expected to reach $812.35 million by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 8.6% during the forecast ...
The Global peripheral vascular device market has been estimated at USD XX billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD XX billion by 2020, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2021. ...