Table of Contents
Orthopedic Products Present Opportunities in a Mature, Fragmented Market
• The United States bracing devices and support market is highly fragmented and competitive, with more than 50 market participants. In recent years, organic growth in this market has been very low, with large competitors growing mainly through acquisitions of smaller companies in this space.
• The use of bracing for pain relief in patients suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee is an area of significant interest. Post-operative shoulder bracing is also a growing area, as the number of shoulder surgeries performed in that United Sates has increased.
• Distribution in the orthopedic braces and supports industry is highly complex, but within the non-retail sector, the product sales are generally split between hospital and
• There has been tremendous innovation and technology introduction in recent years, mainly by large manufacturing companies such as DJO, Breg, and Bledsoe.
• Custom-designed, advanced material products necessitate technology innovation
The US bracing devices and supports market consists of bracing products for the upper and lower extremities such as the knee, ankle, lumbar back, elbow, and wrist. Such braces are used for supporting various orthopedic joints for prophylactic, post-trauma, and/or post-surgery use. This market is in a mature state and growth avenues are modest.
Due to changing demographics (older and active population) and the usage patterns of orthopedic braces, the market is expected to gain some momentum in the forecast
period. Increasing focus toward preventive medicine is also expected to drive prophylactic use.
While entry barriers to this low-tech market are few, existing manufacturers are introducing devices with new (ergonomic) designs to remain competitive.
Cost pressures remain high, as the market is mature and several niche participants are entering the market with me-too products.
The market is realizing that patients have different requirements based on their varied lifestyles. Consequently, the range of devices that can now be selected is vast.
E.g., Breg’s cervical collar has dual height adjustments, 6 size settings, half-size increments, etc.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Highlights - Identifies and evaluates major business opportunities emerging in the tumor marker market during the next ten years- Examines trends in the U.S., Europe and Japan- Reviews current and emerging ...
Complete report $34,750. DataPack (test volumes, sales forecasts, supplier shares) $21,100. Highlights - Identifies and evaluates major business opportunities emerging in the tumor marker market during ...
This new VPGMarketResearch.com comprehensive seven-country study identifies and evaluates major business opportunities emerging in the cancer diagnostics market during the next five years; examines trends ...