Table of Contents
This report provides insights into family businesses and the role of wealth managers in key developed and emerging economies. It analyzes key market trends, industry concentration, family business owners’ wealth, succession planning, and the role of wealth managers in family businesses. The report also highlights new market opportunities for wealth managers and private bankers in the developed and emerging economies studied. It uses WealthInsight’s proprietary HNWI database comprising 100,000 individuals.
Family businesses continue to be a fundamental source of private wealth creation, and a key engine driving the world economy. Despite their dominance, the topic is relatively underresearched in terms of wealth management due to a lack of official data. Family businesses in developing countries are typically first-generation firms, whereas those in Europe are more likely to be in their fourth or fifth generations. Demand for wealth management is higher from family businesses in developed economies, as business owners in developing economies prefer to limit the entry of external advisors. The report also highlights that succession planning services are gaining prominence in developed economies, representing new opportunities for wealth managers and private bankers.
The report includes the following:
- A global snapshot of family business dynamics
- Key market trends and industry concentration of family businesses in selected developed and emerging economies
- Family succession and the role of wealth managers in key developed and emerging economies
- Key issues and challenges facing family firms in selected developed and emerging economies
Reasons To Buy
- Make robust business decisions and build better business strategies using the latest insight information on the role of wealth management in family businesses.
- Understand the importance of family businesses and the role of wealth mangers in advising family firms’ assets and succession planning, and address the implications of these issues in the wealth management sector.
- Be informed about key market trends relating to family businesses in selected developed and emerging economies, and address each accordingly.
- Understand the industry concentration of family businesses in both developed and emerging economies, as well family business owners’ wealth and succession planning, and develop the latest strategies to meet clients’ needs.
- Most family businesses in emerging economies are first-generation firms, and are at early stages of their lifecycles. Approximately 38% of all listed firms in emerging Asia-Pacific markets were only listed on the stock market after 2000.
- Demand for wealth management is higher from family businesses in developed economies, but is limited in emerging countries: families in emerging countries prefer to limit the entry of outsiders, even as advisors, in their businesses.
- Succession planning services are gaining prominence in developed economies.
- Family-owned but professionally managed firms expected to grow in emerging countries.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Advisory Asset Management: HNW Demand and Drivers Summary Globally over 25% of HNW individual’s portfolio is invested via advisory services, with markets in Asia Pacific displaying the strongest affinity ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...
Wealth in France: HNW Investors 2017 Summary "Wealth in France: HNW Investors 2017" analyzes the French investment market, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets. ...