Table of Contents
What is a Mobile Application Storefront?
A Mobile Application Storefront is a digital distribution platform for mobile applications developed and maintained by a storefront provider. Mobile Application Storefronts allow users to browse and download paid or free applications to their device. There are a variety of well-known application storefront providers that develop and manage storefronts for their respective developer communities including Apple, Google, Microsoft, and BlackBerry.
Segmenting the Ecosystem
The app store market can be roughly segmented into two main categories, independent app stores and device/platform-specific app stores. Independent app stores primarily include industry participants such as GetJar, Amazon App Store, AndSpot, and others. Device/platform-specific app stores include Apple's App Store, BlackBerry App World, Google's Play, and Microsoft’s Windows Mobile Marketplace.
• Frost & Sullivan expects total mobile applications available to grow from million in 2013 to million in 2018 for a CAGR of %. Android surpassed Apple in total applications in 2013.
• Frost & Sullivan expects total mobile application downloads to grow from billion in 2013 to billion in 2018 for a CAGR of %. Total cumulative downloads is expected to surpass billion by 2017.
• Frost & Sullivan expects the total mobile application storefront market to grow from $ B in revenues in 2013 to $ B in 2018 for a CAGR of %. Total revenues can be
segmented between storefront provider and application developers.
• Storefront provider revenues grow from $ B in 2013 to $ B in 2018, and Developer revenues grow form $ B to $ B in the same period with a CAGR of %.
• Apple and Google have a clear lead with percent of the total market in 2013, with Microsoft fighting hard to gain market share. BlackBerry has fallen far behind with the lack of appealing devices and market share is expected to decline to . % in 2018.
• Apple leads in total storefront revenues and application developer revenue in 2013 and maintains leadership over Android thanks to higher paid application downloads (with % share of total market revenues) by 2018.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Gain information about internet of things (IOT) and its impact on the prospects of antennas. - Learn about various concepts and terminologies related to antennas. - Gain an insight ...
Use this report to: - Understand the underlying operating system and the way it shapes the global mobile applications market. - Learn about the various software development kits offered by manufacturers ...
“Increasing BYOD trend is driving the growth” MarketsandMarkets estimates the global mobile Business Intelligence (BI) market to grow from USD 4.08 billion in 2016 to USD 11.13 billion by 2021, at ...