Table of Contents
• The number of MS prevalent cases globally (10 Million) is predicted to increase from in 2013 to by 2023.
• The United States MS market is entering a new phase of growth that is driven by the development of innovative therapeutic platforms.
• Recent therapeutics advances focus on a couple of factors:
o Improving tolerability of existing products specifically for interferon beta and glatiramer acetate
o Development of anti-inflammatory medications
o More clinical studies done investigating treatments in progressive MS
o Many clinical studies now include effects of Vitamin D in relapsing MS
• The existing interferon therapies—Avonex, Rebif, Betaseron/Extavia, and Plegridy, along with novel therapies such as Copaxone, Tysabri, Novantrone, Gilenya, and Tecfidera—have helped build a patient base in a market that has a very high degree of unmet medical needs.
• Oral therapies are revolutionizing the treatment paradigm of MS by improving dosing and patient compliance. Biogen’s Tecfidera, in particular, has been a game changer in the US MS market, stealing shares from older therapies.
• Newer treatments have the potential to treat refractory MS patients as well as patients suffering from primary progressive MS (PPMS).
• There is significant interest from big pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and specialty pharmaceutical companies to enter or expand their position within the market.
Methodology and Scope
• This research service focuses on prescription drugs used to treat MS.
• A product and pipeline assessment is provided for marketed and investigational drugs for the treatment of MS. Segmentation by drug class is provided, along with additional supporting information such as clinical trial timelines and results, projected launch timelines, and epidemiology.
• The information contained in this research service was derived from published sources, including disease organization Web sites; public health organization Web sites; company publications including annual reports, SEC filings, and press releases; government public sources; and published articles in scientific journals.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Market, considering the sales of both branded treatments and generic chemotherapy, is expected ...
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...