Table of Contents
MediPoint: Coronary Stents - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
The global coronary stents market is a dynamic, double-digit market that is saturated with numerous players developing innovative technologies. Rapid advances in the field of interventional cardiology along with the development of minimally invasive techniques have greatly expanded the potential of therapeutic applications. Coronary stents including bare metal, drug-eluting, covered and bioabsorbable stents can be used to treat coronary artery disease, and optimize outcomes.
Among the different types of stents, drug-eluting stents (DES) dominate the market and are considered to be the gold standard of treatment for coronary artery disease. The rising prevalence of disease and associated risk factors, especially in the emerging markets, and improved outcomes with stenting are expected to drive the adoption of coronary stents in the future. Emerging technologies such as the new generation of DES and bioabsorbable stents (BAS) represent the future of the coronary stent market. BAS offer several benefits, including no metal left behind, enhanced vessel healing, feasibility of future interventions and potentially reducing the need for prolonged dual antiplatelet therapy. With improvements in the design of BAS, they have the potential to become the standard of treatment for coronary artery disease in the future.
This report focuses on the global coronary stents market in the 10 major markets (10MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, China, India, and Brazil) for treating coronary artery disease. The global bare metal stents (BMS) and DES market is determined for the 10 countries covered in this report and provides insight into the competitive landscape, the marketed and pipeline products, the current and emerging players and market analysis of the different stent segments within the market. The report identifies the unmet needs in the market while providing an understanding of physicians’ perceptions and decision-making processes in using and evaluating the adoption of different types of coronary stents.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future coronary stents market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global coronary stents market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that stent manufacturers should expand into? What coronary stent segments are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling stents in the category?
- Bare metal and drug-eluting stents have been on the market for many years; however, unmet needs still exist with respect to late and very late thrombosis and the need for prolonged dual anti-platelet therapy. How will emerging technologies such as DES with biodegradable polymer/polymer-free systems and BAS fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of coronary stent over another? What is physician perception and market outlook of BAS?
- What are the challenges and complications of BAS that have hindered widespread adoption?
• With developing the next-generation of coronary stents, what aspects of the stent technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the coronary stents market?
- An overview of percutaneous coronary interventions, which includes clinical outcomes, diagnosis, and treatment using minimally invasive techniques.
- Annualized total coronary stents market revenue from 2011-2020 including adoption patterns.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement considerations, and implications for the coronary stents market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive list of products across different stages of development that would impact the coronary stents market with emerging trends and designs in development.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global coronary stents market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- “What Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading Interventional Cardiologists from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Biodegradable Stents Market: Overview Biodegradable Stents are the third generation of stents used in the treatment of coronary artery diseases, which are completely absorbed in the body after the ...
The global coronary stent market is expected to reach USD 10.31 billion by 2021 from USD 7.16 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 7.6% from 2016 to 2021 Major factors contributing to the growth of the global ...
The interventional cardiology and peripheral vascular devices market is expected to reach USD 31.47 billion by 2021 from USD 21.83 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 7.1%. On the basis of product, this market ...