1. Market Research
  2. > Materials
  3. > Metals Market Trends
  4. > Lead Industry in India: a snapshot

Lead Industry in India: a snapshot

  • December 2014
  • -
  • Madras Consultancy Group
  • -
  • 6 pages

India is the fifth largest producer of lead contributing to around 3.3% of the global lead production. Production of refined lead has grown at an average rate of 14.5% since 2008-09. Lead has some unique properties such as resistance to water and corrosion, ductile in nature and can be coiled and uncoiled easily, owing to which it is the preferred metal across various industrial applications. Around 76% of the lead consumed in the country is used for manufacturing lead acid batteries. Of this, around 60% is accounted by automobile sector and the rest 40% is contributed by other users of batteries such as UPS, inverters and telecom sector.

This note on Lead industry has been prepared through extensive secondary research supported by detailed analysis and focuses on market details, major players, recent developments and key drivers of the Indian Lead industry.

This report can be used as an “Information & Management Tool” and is ideal for overseas investors to get the first feel of the Indian Lead industry. Senior managers, apart from gaining insight into the white goods sector, can also use this report for making presentations to internal audiences, customers, collaborators and channel partners.

Table Of Contents

Lead Industry in India: a snapshot
A. Introduction
B. Lead Concentrates: Production
C. Refined Lead Production
C.1 Domestic Demand for Lead
D. Markets for Lead in India
D.1 Key Applications of Lead
D.2 Other Applications of Lead
E. Lead Recycling
E.1 Production of lead from Scrap
E.2 Lead Recycling Capacity
E.3 Lead produced by Organized Sector
E.4 Total Lead Scrap Recycled
F. Lead Export and Import
List of Figures
Figure1: Lead concentrates production trends, 2000-2012 (000 tonnes)
Figure2: Lead: Trends in domestic demand
Figure3: Usage of lead across major applications

List of Tables:

Table 1: Lead metal resources, (000 tonnes)
Table 2: HZL: Lead smelting capacity (Tonnes per annum)
Table 3: Refined lead production trends, 2008-2013 (000 tonnes)
Table 4: Other Application of Lead
Table 5: Lead recycling capacity across select States in India, 2010
Table 6: Trends in export and import of lead ores and concentrates (tonnes)
Table 7: Trends in export and import of refined lead (tonnes)
Table 8: Lead waste and scrap HS Code : 7802 (tonnes)


Companies Mentioned Hindustan Zinc Ltd

View This Report »

Get Industry Insights. Simply.

  • Latest reports & slideshows with insights from top research analysts
  • 24 Million searchable statistics with tables, figures & datasets
  • More than 10,000 trusted sources
24/7 Customer Support

Talk to Ahmad

+1 718 618 4302

Purchase Reports From Reputable Market Research Publishers
Industrial Batteries Market by type, end-user industry/Backup, Industrial Equipment, and region - Global Forecast to 2021

Industrial Batteries Market by type, end-user industry/Backup, Industrial Equipment, and region - Global Forecast to 2021

  • $ 5650
  • Industry report
  • September 2016
  • by MarketsandMarkets

“The industrial batteries market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2016 to 2021” The industrial batteries market is projected to reach USD 10.84 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 6.5% between ...

Global and Chinese pyrochlore, antimony lead yellow (CAS 8012-00-8) Industry, 2016 Market Research Report

Global and Chinese pyrochlore, antimony lead yellow (CAS 8012-00-8) Industry, 2016 Market Research Report

  • $ 2800
  • Industry report
  • November 2016
  • by Prof Research

The 'Global and Chinese pyrochlore, antimony lead yellow Industry, 2011-2021 Market Research Report' is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the global pyrochlore, antimony lead yellow ...

Global and Chinese Lead titanium zirconium oxide (CAS 12626-81-2) Industry, 2016 Market Research Report

Global and Chinese Lead titanium zirconium oxide (CAS 12626-81-2) Industry, 2016 Market Research Report

  • $ 2800
  • Industry report
  • November 2016
  • by Prof Research

The 'Global and Chinese Lead titanium zirconium oxide Industry, 2011-2021 Market Research Report' is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the global Lead titanium zirconium oxide industry ...


ref:plp2014

Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2016. All rights reserved.

ReportLinker simplifies how Analysts and Decision Makers get industry data for their business.