Table of Contents
As life expectancy in the developed world increases and populations age, the incidence and associated morbidity of chronic and acute pain is increasing and placing a higher level of emphasis on pain management as a quality-of-life issue for patients and their families. Responding to this trend, drug developers are increasingly turning to transdermal formulations of pain management drugs. Because it has the potential to improve drug therapy compliance, transdermal delivery addresses a key healthcare issue – one that is particularly problematic in aging populations and developing economies. Currently approved transdermal pain products include narcotics, NSAIDs, and topical anesthetics.
These patches and gels will encounter competition from development-stage transdermal formulations for a number of pain medications presently being marketed in oral or parenteral form. Several of these development programs involve international partnerships designed to take advantage of perceived opportunities in regional markets.
What You Will Learn
- What drugs indicated for managing pain are supplied as transdermal formulations, what are the formulation and product specifics, and who markets them?
- Who are the branded transdermal pain management product suppliers, their business models, and their capabilities?
- What are the major factors driving transdermal pain product demand?
- How important are drug developer-formulator-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for transdermal pain management products?
- What are the competing pain management product segments and what is their market share?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for transdermal pain management?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
The global OTC Analgesics market accounted for a market value of USD XX billion in 2015. The market is expected to reach USD XX billion in 2016 and USD XX billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of xx% during ...
China’s demand for Pain and Fever Relief Drugs has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high ...